Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Overture Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
LotteryResults...once agin you dont know what you are talking about..

PEOPLE ARE searching "lotteryresults"
Here are some of my stats

infospace.com (# of Search Requests - Search Phrase Used)

6 lotteryresults

yahoo.com (# of Search Requests - Search Phrase Used)

42 lotteryresults

lycos.com (# of Search Requests - Search Phrase Used)

2 lotteryresults

google.com (# of Search Requests - Search Phrase Used)

25 lotteryresults

aol.com (# of Search Requests - Search Phrase Used)

35 lotteryresults

By this are you saying that the numbers under each SE you have listed are the number of times the term lotteryresults has been entered for a search phrase?

I hope you are trying to point out something other than that - those numbers are embarrassing.

Did you completely ignore the search numbers I posted above for your terms? People are clearly NOT searching for lotteryresults..apart from a handful of idiots as your numbers seem to prove. They are searching for lottery results.

If you need a second source - wordtracker estimates the term lotteryresults will be searched on 72 times today.

they also estimate the the term lottery results will be searched on 5336 times today.

I dont understand what part of that you are having problems understanding.

For one thing none of those search terms have any competition!

Since I've provided data that everybody can find for each of my assertions could you please do the same.

Here are google results for you to consider -

Auto payment calculators - I';m in the number two spot.

Results 1 - 10 of about 82,000.

lotteryresults - You are in the number 3 spot

Results 1 - 10 of about 2,350

Now you are claiming that the Domain has not effect on ranking..

Bid, you're missing the point ...NOBODY SEARCHES FOR NCAUTOMALL ... THEY SEARCH FOR AUTO PAYMENT CALCULATORS AND THEY SEARCH FOR CHEVY DEALERS AND THEY SEARCH FOR NC FORD DEALERS, etc.

there is a real fundamental there that is just not kicking in with you. WHY WOULD I TARGET A SEARCH FOR THE DOMAIN NAME? THERE IS NO LOGIC IN THAT ARGUMENT.

ANY IDIOT CAN COME UP AT OR NEAR THE TOP OF AN ENGINE FOR THEIR DOMAIN NAME OR SPECIFIC SET OF RUN ON WORDS THAT MAKE UP THEIR NAME ...you've already proven that and i never argued that point.

the key is to come up at the top of the engines for multiple terms that USERS ARE actually searching...hopefully in large numbers or in a well paying niche.

is that not clear to you? if not, we are starting from opposite ends of this entire discussion.

You didnt do ANYTHING special.. youlisted your own site in DMOZ which then most of the web uses as it's "directory" ..

Come on bid...dont make up lies and post them as fact. I didnt list this site in dmoz. Like everybody else I submitted it and it was accepted. I'm not an editor for any section except a small niche area that has nothing to do with this listing.

If you have half a clue about google (which may be giving you far to much credit based on your reply) you know that from a linking standpoint it is about quality more than quantity. dmoz links HARDLY are considered quality. If you've been doing this for a day you have to know that, so i'm not sure why you keep screaming dmoz.

In your rush to prove how little you really know, you failed to respond directly to 90% of my post which is all backed up by facts.

Thats probably your best approach ..act like you dont know what I am talking about

Well...I must say. I dont. And quite frankly if anybody does I hope they would have enough pride not to admit it. Your assertions about dmoz show how little you really know, and your "ability" to rank near the top on search terms that virtually nobody is using or for a domain name/ term that nobody knows is laughable. What part of that is unclear to you?

I think we have two different goals - I want to rank high on terms that people are using. Apparently you want to rank high on your domain name (that nobody seems to be searching for).

Since our goals seem to be so opposite there probably isnt anything else to discuss.

Now hurry on down to that google thread of yours and "help" all those folks.... the results will certainly not impact my goals or my positions. :razz:

good luck to you bid!
No hard feelings!

:D :D

Larry

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
What is the best way for me to become a DMOZ editor? I was rejected 2 years ago

Mole, just select a small category that needs an editor and send in a request. Typically it takes a few attempts before you get selected. Many times different people look are looking at the application and the std by which they judge it is not always 100% consistent.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Larry

By this are you saying that the numbers under each SE you have listed are the number of times the term lotteryresults has been entered for a search phrase?

I hope you are trying to point out something other than that - those numbers are embarrassing.

Did you completely ignore the search numbers I posted above for your terms? People are clearly NOT searching for lotteryresults..apart from a handful of idiots as your numbers seem to prove. They are searching for lottery results.

If you need a second source - wordtracker estimates the term lotteryresults will be searched on 72 times today.

they also estimate the the term lottery results will be searched on 5336 times today.

I dont understand what part of that you are having problems understanding.

Since I've provided data that everybody can find for each of my assertions could you please do the same.

Here are google results for you to consider -

Auto payment calculators - I';m in the number two spot.

Results 1 - 10 of about 82,000.

lotteryresults - You are in the number 3 spot

Results 1 - 10 of about 2,350

Bid, you're missing the point ...NOBODY SEARCHES FOR NCAUTOMALL ... THEY SEARCH FOR AUTO PAYMENT CALCULATORS AND THEY SEARCH FOR CHEVY DEALERS AND THEY SEARCH FOR NC FORD DEALERS, etc.

there is a real fundamental there that is just not kicking in with you. WHY WOULD I TARGET A SEARCH FOR THE DOMAIN NAME? THERE IS NO LOGIC IN THAT ARGUMENT.

ANY IDIOT CAN COME UP AT OR NEAR THE TOP OF AN ENGINE FOR THEIR DOMAIN NAME OR SPECIFIC SET OF RUN ON WORDS THAT MAKE UP THEIR NAME ...you've already proven that and i never argued that point.

the key is to come up at the top of the engines for multiple terms that USERS ARE actually searching...hopefully in large numbers or in a well paying niche.

is that not clear to you? if not, we are starting from opposite ends of this entire discussion.

Come on bid...dont make up lies and post them as fact. I didnt list this site in dmoz. Like everybody else I submitted it and it was accepted. I'm not an editor for any section except a small niche area that has nothing to do with this listing.

If you have half a clue about google (which may be giving you far to much credit based on your reply) you know that from a linking standpoint it is about quality more than quantity. dmoz links HARDLY are considered quality. If you've been doing this for a day you have to know that, so i'm not sure why you keep screaming dmoz.

In your rush to prove how little you really know, you failed to respond directly to 90% of my post which is all backed up by facts.

Well...I must say. I dont. And quite frankly if anybody does I hope they would have enough pride not to admit it. Your assertions about dmoz show how little you really know, and your "ability" to rank near the top on search terms that virtually nobody is using or for a domain name/ term that nobody knows is laughable. What part of that is unclear to you?

I think we have two different goals - I want to rank high on terms that people are using. Apparently you want to rank high on your domain name (that nobody seems to be searching for).

Since our goals seem to be so opposite there probably isnt anything else to discuss.

Now hurry on down to that google thread of yours and "help" all those folks.... the results will certainly not impact my goals or my positions. :razz:

good luck to you bid!
No hard feelings!

:D :D

How is it you always avoid the facts I point out Larry?

You claim you can list sites on Google without links..I proved you wrong..admit it..you dont know what you are talking about..

You are a DMOZ editor ..once you list a site you are in Google, Yahoo and hundreds of smaller web sites that "steal" DMOZ directory for their own site..

You think you did something special..when in fact you didnt do squat..

To became a DMOZ editor..and your story is a perfect example of why DMOZ should be disbanded.

These people arent idiots here..they see this link http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&c2coff=1&q=ncautomall&btnG=Google+Search

You claim you have no links ...

Blah..

Please Larry enough of the nonsense.. when you want to learn REAL SEO..give me a ring...

M

mole

I like aggressive SEOs :D *jots down bid's whois for future development plans*

Larry

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
bid, i never said this site has no links - where do you see that?

here is my quote - "so i've selected a site that meets MOST of the thoughts that I laid out to you earlier - poor google pr - link pop - etc. ".

this statement is about the site I posted and it is clear. It says "poor" ...not none.

These people arent idiots here..

Well, I guess my only response to that is...if they read the material I posted and your responses and they dont come to the conclusion that you are probably a nice guy but you have no idea what you are talking about, well....they may not be idiots but they are certainly suspect :D :D

But I dont think thats the case :D

Larry

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
oh, as an aside..i did search on your position on the term "lottery results" in google but I gave up after 500 returns and you were no where to be seen.

i can send you the report if you like.

Larry

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
hehe...

it did get pretty windy in here didnt it

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
oh, as an aside..i did search on your position on the term "lottery results" in google but I gave up after 500 returns and you were no where to be seen.

i can send you the report if you like.

That is because your site has over 40 Inbound LINKS ! :laugh: come on Larry ..quit acting like you dont understand..

You are not fooling anyone.. In your PM to me nearly 2 weeks ago you claimed these site s that you do so well in had NO links..to day you change that to "poor" links .. 40 links is poor !:laugh:

Ever see the Movie Liar Liar.. Jim Carey is this you ? :laugh:

Larry

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Acting like I dont understand what? The quote you dragged down is about your site not being in the top 500 on google for THE most relevent term.

Bid,

once again you have failed to read and understand...its right there for you guy.

i made that claim to you and i stand by it. i'm willing to show you a site that i'm interested in selling..not keeping. i'm not going to show you or anybody else a site i'm keeping.

it would be insane to do otherwise and if you think not, you dont know dick about the business I'm in.

In my post here I said poor.

40 is poor.

what am i lying about?

the site i showed you has poor links. if you think 40 is good you clearly are the dumberst seo i;ve ever met....no offense ;)

heres reality: you have not responded to A single piece of irrefutable information about your site or mine.

the fact of the matter is, and cant be refuted by anyone smarter than a turnip, that your positioning for your site sucks.

if you think otherwise just send me 5 words/phrases that overture shows more than 50 seaches on and i'll drop them into webposition along with your domain name.

it will spit out a report about your positions and i'll post it here for everybody to see.

i'll do the same for my site.

if you cant agree to that then what are we talking about? you calling me a liar and me posting all the factual data that you cant refute?

put up or shut up big guy. for seo's the proof is in the positions.

no amount of theory or rhetoric gets that job done.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Acting like I dont understand what? The quote you dragged down is about your site not being in the top 500 on google for THE most relevent term.

Bid,

once again you have failed to read and understand...its right there for you guy.

i made that claim to you and i stand by it. i'm willing to show you a site that i'm interested in selling..not keeping. i'm not going to show you or anybody else a site i'm keeping.

it would be insane to do otherwise and if you think not, you dont know dick about the business I'm in.

In my post here I said poor.

40 is poor.

what am i lying about?

the site i showed you has poor links. if you think 40 is good you clearly are the dumberst seo i;ve ever met....no offense ;)

heres reality: you have not responded to A single piece of irrefutable information about your site or mine.

the fact of the matter is, and cant be refuted by anyone smarter than a turnip, that your positioning for your site sucks.

if you think otherwise just send me 5 words/phrases that overture shows more than 50 seaches on and i'll drop them into webposition along with your domain name.

it will spit out a report about your positions and i'll post it here for everybody to see.

i'll do the same for my site.

if you cant agree to that then what are we talking about? you calling me a liar and me posting all the factual data that you cant refute?

put up or shut up big guy. for seo's the proof is in the positions.

no amount of theory or rhetoric gets that job done.

Listen the Bottom Line is you are sucking off DMOZ..thats the bottom line..

The I have more than proved that you dont even lie well..

40 Inbound links in Fantastic when all you are competing against is 90,000 results on Google..to say other wise is nothing more than more of your BS.

You dont like talking about DMOZ do you ? :razz: BTW..How many of your sites did you list in DMOZ ? :D

You arent fooling anyone Larry ..enough of the nonsense

Larry

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
hehe...

checkmate

i knew you would never be up to that challange. ...your poor positioning said you would buckle when you had to actually prove something.

cya bid.

Domainut

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Did I do that?"

Larry

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
hehe...no sid.

sometimes you just reach a point where people have to actually PROVE they can do what they say.

bid blinked. game over.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hehe...

checkmate

i knew you would never be up to that challange. ...your poor positioning said you would buckle when you had to actually prove something.

cya bid.

Once again you ignore the evidence.. you suck DMOZ..thats what you do..answer the question how many of your own sites have you listed..?

Come on Larry..DMOZ dosent matter does it.. and once again you ignore that FACTS that 40 inbound links is HUGE considering all you are doing is beating 90,oo pages,,

Hell I can beat 100,000 pages with only a few links..

Texas Convention Centers # 5th

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...q=texas+convention+centers&btnG=Google+Search

"New York Convention Centers" 13th out of 233,000 webpages

http://www.google.com/search?q=new+york+convention+centers&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&c2coff=1&start=10&sa=N

Easy ones like "Dallas Convention Centers" #1 out of a pitful 13,000 webpages..

etc...

I was 23rd out of nearly 600,000 web pages for "convention centers" but I put a damn affiliate pop up ad and google bot penalized it...boom ..but I;ll work that right back up..

I am doing this with very little inbound links..without being a DMOZ editor.

:razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators