• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Parked domain ranks #12 for good term

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmac17

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2003
Messages
320
Reaction score
0
I have a productx.org domain where i just realized the parked page ranks #12 on google for the term "product x". I recently built a site about product x, but built it on productx.info

how could this one page domain rank so well, or is it just an anamoly that will go away in a few weeks?

Should i switch my .info site to the .org site (via 301 redirect?)
 
I hand reg'd a name - pickledbeetroot .com and parked it. Within about six months it started to get a couple of uniques a day so when I checked Google it was in #1 position.

It stayed top 6ish for a couple of months but has since slipped back into obscurity...
 
Name.Com tend to do generally well in the search engines for Name, regardless of content. The fact that you had a Name.Org is quite interesting though.

I would suggest moving the content from the .info to the .org, since it is getting the good position. Without any real content, even the Name.Com tend to fall.
 
I have several parked names that jump back and forth,but they are dot coms. I have seen some parking companies get org's listed quiete high, godaddy is one cant remmember the others right now
 
I have a one that I hand regged parked @ Fabulous in the 2nd spot. (It is 19 letters long)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom