Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Parking advertisers question

wildomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of selling my domains to end users. I wonder how I can find out who the advertisers are on my Bodis parked pages without clicking on them? There is a long text that appears at the bottom of my screen when I hover the mouse over the ads but it goes off the right hand side. If I could find who they are I could try emailing them.

Domain summit 2024

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wildomains: Two ways you can go about this on any ad. First, you should be able to see the advertiser site URL within the ad text itself.

Sometimes advertisers will show a different site URL there then the ad actually goes to. So to get the actual site URL you can right click on the ad link and copy the link address. (In Chrome browser right click ad text and then click "Copy link address")

In the section that says "adurl=" is the advertiser URL:

googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=CZSo1VyWsVeIKxoXdAejIpYABgbX4lQfp5-H-nQL41_yCTxABIMS3lSIoBWDJ_uqKtKTYD6ABn4Xy2APIAQGoAwHIAxuqBH9P0M68cU-ZoRzDnAKKO435ueODO_FYxW5H31sw8quf-YSo_QIPU9Xa-r1rmJfVicKBjDjwWr1NUB1gFpLdxSYJ7ZkYG1_ErFsDqSBT9GQeO2AgC7ensp-71bYg1zPOb6iet21urp_mSXEo8pbzN1jwRnpL7-JVOBb9JrMxkv3piAYBgAfJ-o0nqAemvhuoB7XBG9gHAQ&num=1&cid=5Ggmvh1uRRSMHbwTbn-zfAXi&sig=AOD64_1W8g3HUv8cn8jm144xnOovxij0Jg&adurl=http://modellpawn.com/locations/&client=ca-dp-bodis3ph&nb=0&nm=6&nx=134&ny=23&is=640x641&clkt=60

wildomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that. When I do the copy link address I get a similar thing but no adurl part.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was actually referring to "googleadservices.com", does that link work like that for all parking links? I thought some use the parking company's domain for such links.

wildomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I get you now, I check a few more links from other domains I have and they have the same format - no advertiser url.

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Strangely I definitely see the adurl even for googleadservices. Feel free to copy the entire URL and PM me it and I can gladly help.

kollam003

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I see your idea as a very good one, how well can we make use of it is the next question. Have you tried the method and was it working? I would also try it out. Thanks for the tip.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Matt, could you not offer that as a service? Compile a list of the advertisers on domains, and then have an automated system to contact such advertisers to offer them either a top ad spot for X months, or to buy the domain directly?

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great idea, but against the terms of our upstream ad provider to store data found in the advertisements.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Then have it look at the keywords on the google.com site and look at those advertisers? I know there are a couple sites that say they have some sort of google search, I forgot the one site's name, but they bring in like up to 2000 domains that are related, and then you either pay for some services that allow you to email these domains, or you can try doing it yourself. I tried it on one domain, and had one "no", and a lot of bounces. Another you pay like 30 and they give you a list of people that might want that name. Anyway, that was sort of where I got the idea.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators