• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Part-timers, balance between domains & 'real' job

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really dont get how you can live off your domains. Are the bag's under the eyes, up all hours and lonely wifes really worth it?

Are the two jobs (real and domaining), lonely wifes, up all hours, etc.. really worth it? Can you really live of domaining?
 
Hi,

There is no "balance"...sooner or later it takes over your life.

Peace,
Dan
 
Hi,

There is no "balance"...sooner or later it takes over your life.

Peace,
Dan


Nice, like another famous quote "I try to get out ... and they pull me back in!"

:lol: so true

in a few years, we will witness the creation of a new fellowship dedicated to helping people recover from their addiction to domaining. Something like "Alcoholics Anonymous". The fellowship will be named: "Domainers Anonymous"
 
in a few years, we will witness the creation of a new fellowship dedicated to helping people recover from their addiction to domaining. Something like "Alcoholics Anonymous". The fellowship will be named: "Domainers Anonymous"

I am laughing...but in some ways this might end up becoming a real need for some...I hope not.

Peace,
Dan
 
Well i study Internet Technology In University..i end up making websites for so many people..though i cant code or design :D..got a whole buch of crap domains sitting in my accounts..but some of them pay off enough for me to drink every single day for a quite a few days so i will keep them in there..my girlfriend is in another country :( ..planning to open up a restraunt soon..got to many things to do but i end up doing 1 thing always "being Lazyy" :D
 
This tread is excellent. I didn’t know DNF is full of so different people. I was expecting web developers mostly and now – huge surprise. (firefighters, teachers, marketing, medical professionals, etc…).
Guys – I love you all (including web developers of course – you are running the show)

Now to the Subject:
Part time now and within next 2 years it's going to be less and less due to the new position and new responsibilities.
I'm taking the Industrial and Commercial Architecture Department Head position in the certain company or they gave me option to create separate entity to handle their industrial and commercial clients.
Part time I may be involved in urban planning and real estate development also (the real – not virtual).

The most important: we are expecting second child.

So there is enough on my plate to push domains in the shadow because of my priorities.
 
This tread is excellent. I didn’t know DNF is full of so different people. I was expecting web developers mostly and now – huge surprise. (firefighters, teachers, marketing, medical professionals, etc…).
Guys – I love you all (including web developers of course – you are running the show)

Now to the Subject:
Part time now and within next 2 years it's going to be less and less due to the new position and new responsibilities.
I'm taking the Industrial and Commercial Architecture Department Head position in the certain company or they gave me option to create separate entity to handle their industrial and commercial clients.
Part time I may be involved in urban planning and real estate development also (the real – not virtual).

The most important: we are expecting second child.

So there is enough on my plate to push domains in the shadow because of my priorities.

Seems like you got a lot going on there, congratulations :)
 
Seems like you got a lot going on there, congratulations :)

thanks

... I feel it may be too much and I'm not as exited as it may sound. This may result in dropping my hobbies slowly and domains are one of them. But I have to support my family on the other hand and finally build the house at the edge of the forest preserve. (my wife is going to design it - I'm not touching residential projects) ;)
 
The problem I have is my regular job takes my evenings too. I just treat domaining and websiting as relaxing I guess. It's like in the middle of the scientific experiments I open DNF or namedrive and read some posts or find some revenues I feel so refreshing. LOL.
 
Sleep? What's that? I just seem to work day and night anymore. I probably average no more than 5 hours sleep in a night but seems it's the only way I can progress on the domain front. To date domaining seems to have been two steps forward and one step back but I see much potential.
 
I teach Information Technology in a government run program....the pay is good and the hours are short...so I am flexible to the hours when I am on this forum....my goal really is to get a few (a lot actually) domain names with type-in traffic, develop them (automated) and monitize them using Adsense, affiliate marketing etc...promote them using Adwords and other avenues and just relax and write some manuals on a variety of niche topics for which I am qualified.....
 
im still in high school so for the past 2 or 3 years ive been dealing with school, a job, and trying to keep up with domains and making websites.

for as much work as it has taken and everything ive gone through its all been worth the fun from everything.
 
I have done web development for the last 2 years. Basiccally 3 months after my first website ever a friend of mine and me rented a office. But to september I have to study business at the unirversity so Im enjoying the last months of "freedom".
 
ive been domaining full time for the past one year + i like the flexibility of time this job gives and not having to go to work on a 9-5 clock n i hate alarm clocks,

However i know i am one lazy domainer..would have done better if i din spend so much time on other things.. i think i need to set a time to spend some minimum hours for domains daily.6-7 hours daily like normal working hours perhaps.
 
i am planning to work full time on domains for the next one year and see how things would go. If things turn out to be pretty good, i might do it for several more years but now i am doing it parttime
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom