Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Paypal account limited!? WTF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Ead

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The woman at paypal said to send in a copy of a utility statement and this will work..this will bypass the need to wait for the letter. I have multiple open transactions totaling high X,XXX and I cannot receive payment until its reopened. This sucks.

You should tell your customers about it. some will get impatient

Domain Summit 2024

crud3w4re

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
This is why PayPal sucks! www.paypalsucks.com I was going to start a payment processor system once. But you would need ALOT of money, it's not as stringent as starting a bank, but there's many legalities to it. Point made. PayPal has a monopoly over the system. PayPal once was a great PP, but once Ebay took over, it all went downhill from there...

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My PayPal is out of action for the same reason. PayPal has slowed down to match the speed of ebay. I'm using international money orders instead.

crud3w4re

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes. Paypal has screwed many people, you should just read some of the stories at www.paypalsucks.com They legally suck, but many people need them. They don't change, because they don't have to.

International moneyorders? What's that about?

Ebay likes to freeze accounts as well. They seem to think that everyone owns a fax machine, well, both owned by the same dirtbags. :p

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
International moneyorders? What's that about?

Just an international cheque made up at the bank in the UK. Cost is around $16 for one cheque.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just an international cheque made up at the bank in the UK. Cost is around $16 for one cheque.

And takes forever to get to its destination. Most dn transactions are immediate..no one wants to wait 2 weeks to get the money.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Paypal can be a pain in the ass.
It looks like they may decide freeze your account when you reach some threshold like $10K over a certain period of time.
It could happen to most of us (and most likely, it will sooner or later).

You think it's Paypal that's gone crazy ?
My guess is, it has a lot to do with the various 'money-laundering' and 'know your customer' regulations in place. Thanks to Uncle Sam for enacting all that non-sense in the first place.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is a little loophole. If you attach a bank account which won't allow paypal to verify/retreive funds you can still accept payments and transfer money from the limited account to that bank account. I discovered this accidently and not sure if it still works but it did for me for the 6 months or so mine was limited about 2 years ago. The only downside of it is you can't make payments to others if you passed your limit threshold. If anyone needs to know which bank and needs their frozen funds and/or restore their business PM me and I'll let you know.

Another thing you might want to consider before sending paypal any verification information. A friend of mine who was the web designer for a defunct website where the owner turned out to be a fraud associated his paypal account to the website to test the payment script. When the sh*t hit the fan so to speak the designer was labeled "guilty by association" more or less by paypal. They asked him to send in all of his personal information for verification so they could permantly ban him from paypal for life.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
UPDATE:

5am. Called paypal as soon as they opened. Spoke with elderly women who sounded like she had smoked a pack of cigarettes already. She said there was no way for them to verify my information over the phone. She suggested that I fax all the information ASAP.

6:45am. (5 mins on hold) Received fax confirmation from Paypal.

7am-present. 7 outstanding payments waiting to be collected through paypal.

430pm. (60 mins on hold) Called paypal and told them this is ridiculous. I told her that she wouldnt have a job if it wasn't for her customers. (10 mins on hold) She said that she then could verify my information over the phone. She also said that she had submitted my information for review and that it will still take 2-3 days to complete. I held in every single cuss word I wanted to say..especially when she said.. "Is there anything else I can help you with?" I hung up.

crud3w4re

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
They say: Once your account is limited, might as well call it quits. They ask you to fax stuff over, why? To get more information on you! I bet it won't be on n that 2-3 days, either. They can be completely worthless. They're like adsense of the payment processors lol PayPal never even put a phone number down, well, not until they were ordered to do so!

Talkhost

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I got an email last year telling me my account was limited... Before I could even log in to paypal to investigate, I got another email telling me the account was restored!!! WTF? limited my account for about 2 minutes.... It was something to do with reaching a certain turnover in the account, I think it was about 4k or 5k GBP and they said it was a standard procedure.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been using paypal for YEARS and never ever had this problem as described above..even when getting multiple $x,xxx range payments in the same day and many per month for domain deals (buying and selling)...one time a friend did put in a $100 payment note "payment for last nights fun" or something silly like that just to mess around and break the boredom and I got a call from paypal that day inquiring about the transaction! lol I explained it was just a buddy paying for a domain name and screwing around & that was the end of it, but they are watching carefully and it kinda spooked me out that they read the notes on your transactions! AND are definitely reporting to uncle sam for tax purposes I might add!

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got something like 50K in a short time frame last year and my account was limited too.. I did fax all kinds of stuff to them twice (first time they didn't get it supposedly) and pestered them on the phone on a daily basis... my account was restored...

i faxed copy of passport, copy of green card, social security and something else I can't remember. I believe this limitation is very much inline with money-laundering stuff so they want to make sure they have all your info and run in by databases who check for "illegal activities"

it was done in less than 2 days.... so hang in there

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well guys..I called paypal again last night..they said that I needed to prove that i had a "license" to sell a domain name. I was on the phone for 2 hours 15 mins. The guy was actually getting into domains and said that he was going to email me from his personal email account today to get some more information. He wanted me to send copies of the whois for my last 20 transactions..so thats what I did.

I figured I would at least use up as much paper at paypal as I possibly could. I sent faxes to his personal fax, as well as every paypal fax number i could find. It was around 250 pages total...lol..anyway, I checked my email this morning and everything is restored. Let the sales begin!

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well guys..I called paypal again last night..they said that I needed to prove that i had a "license" to sell a domain name. I was on the phone for 2 hours 15 mins. The guy was actually getting into domains and said that he was going to email me from his personal email account today to get some more information. He wanted me to send copies of the whois for my last 20 transactions..so thats what I did.

I figured I would at least use up as much paper at paypal as I possibly could. I sent faxes to his personal fax, as well as every paypal fax number i could find. It was around 250 pages total...lol..anyway, I checked my email this morning and everything is restored. Let the sales begin!

Jesus , what a headache!
welcome back! :lol:
Pred ;)

ctc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Paypal really sucks... Im suprised no other company has stepped in to compete with them...

hunnam

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My account was limited for a few months because in a sale it had "unisex" in the description and everytime I tried to explain it was for trainers they kept refering me to the user guide lol

I am surprised that a company has not tried to take Paypal on, I have tried to use others but really like Paypal for some strange reason.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
many people have tried but paypal has a stronghold...everyone uses them!

moneybookers
free-merchant
stormpay
epassporte

there are many out there..just none as big as paypal..when you have ebay funding its hard for someone to compete with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom