• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Paypal and domain names

Status
Not open for further replies.

VioxxLawyers

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Gold Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2004
Messages
608
Reaction score
0
Do you think its possible to get banned from Paypal for selling adult/gambling domain names?

:greeneek: :greeneek: :greeneek:
 
From the TOS:

7.2 Restricted Activities:

(d) be related in any way to gambling and/or gaming activities.

2.8 Liability for Violations of the Acceptable Use Policy. If you engage in the following behavior, PayPal may fine you, as explained below:

Using the PayPal service to receive payments for any sexually oriented or obscene materials or services in violation of PayPal%u2019s Mature Audiences Policy.

Using the PayPal service to receive payments for wagers, gambling debts or gambling winnings, regardless of the location or type of gambling activity.

I don't think domains apply to the above. Adult/Gambling names are bought all the time using Paypal. I've never heard of anyone losing their account for it.
 
I don't believe anyone should use Paypal to sell a domain name in the first place unless they personally know the buyer. Paypal themselves told me their service does not protect the seller and they advised me against using it for that purpose. Of course it is a great service for many other buys and sales but not for domain names. Not good for the seller any way.
 
I sold gambling/adult domains for $10-$30 each to get rid of it, i hope i didnt risk my account by doing so.

dvestors said:
From the TOS:



I don't think domains apply to the above. Adult/Gambling names are bought all the time using Paypal. I've never heard of anyone losing their account for it.

Thanks for your opinion!
I think i'll call my PP man so i can sleep tight today!
 
VioxxLawyers said:
I sold gambling/adult domains for $10-$30 each to get rid of it, i hope i didnt risk my account by doing so.



Thanks for your opinion!
I think i'll call my PP man so i can sleep tight today!

if those names had traffic, then somebody made a killing!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom