• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Paypal Disputes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kishin

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2005
Messages
405
Reaction score
0
How do these usally work out? Do they go the way of the buyer or seller?

Thanks
 
If its domain, then they 100% do not care, and will not take any action. This also applies to any service provided by any company/individual.
 
Paypal doesnt care about your money, only about theirs. If the product is intangible goods the odds of getting a refund is very minute. If it is a tangible good, you must provide proof of shipping, other wise your dispute will be disqualified.
 
I'd go for it. If the seller does not respond you automatically win. However, if they have transferred the money out of their account there is nothing Paypal can do. If the seller responds and says it is an intangible good, they will win their case since Paypal doesn't cover intangible goods.
 
What would qualify as proof of shipping?

Thanks
 
Probably a commercial invoice from a shipper such as fedex or ups.
 
I saw this in another thread here, if you are selling a domain by paypal, you should send an invoice to the buyer (through PayPal) and mark on the invoice 'computer goods to be shipped', then when the buyer pays through the invoice, you have your 'proof' that a transaction took place. And there was an incident mentioned here in DNF where PayPal was investigating the person who did a fraudulent chargeback.
 
Yup, lying is good. But you still have to show proof (if asked) of shipment.
 
Paypal doesnt care about your money, only about theirs. If the product is intangible goods the odds of getting a refund is very minute. If it is a tangible good, you must provide proof of shipping, other wise your dispute will be disqualified.

Couldn't have phrased it better myself.
 
Question on this topic... If I just sold a domain, I shouldn't bother with an invoice?? I just give them my paypal name/ID and have them send the amount ?? How does it work, thanks
 
Would something like delivery confirmation be considered proof of shipping?

Thanks
 
Yup, delivery confirmation is proof.

domainstrike said:
Question on this topic... If I just sold a domain, I shouldn't bother with an invoice?? I just give them my paypal name/ID and have them send the amount ?? How does it work, thanks
just send over your paypal email. Unless you sold the domain on ebay or something an invoice isn't necessary, but that's just me, up to you I guess. I've only had 1 sent to me ever..not counting ebay...and it was for a relatively small amount.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom