• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Pet Peeve of Mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcristo

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2005
Messages
3,713
Reaction score
154
You email a webmaster directly inquiring about a domain, they get back to you stating to make an offer, I then go ahead and ask for a ballpark figure, and then u get this one liner with some outragously overstated price! At least if their looking for a sucker.... give more then a one liner! haha
 
dcristo said:
You email a webmaster directly inquiring about a domain, they get back to you stating to make an offer, I then go ahead and ask for a ballpark figure, and then u get this one liner with some outragously overstated price! At least if their looking for a sucker.... give more then a one liner! haha

Maybe it's overstated to you, but not to them. Nobody is obligated to sell you a domain for a price that YOU feel is right. It's their name.

Shaun
 
dcristo said:
You email a webmaster directly inquiring about a domain, they get back to you stating to make an offer, I then go ahead and ask for a ballpark figure, and then u get this one liner with some outragously overstated price! At least if their looking for a sucker.... give more then a one liner! haha

You must have emailed me.
 
aactive said:
Maybe it's overstated to you, but not to them. Nobody is obligated to sell you a domain for a price that YOU feel is right. It's their name.

Shaun

I understand where u are coming from, but at times there are obvious overstated prices. Each to their own I guess.

Fearless said:
You must have emailed me.

Please put me on your ignore list. j/ks :-D
 
Well, people have emailed me for domain quotes before, and if it's a name I don't want to sell, half the time they ask for a price anyway. So I name a huge number. Sometimes if you aren't selling, you aren't selling. I'd be surprised if someone ever said OK to the huge number, but even so, if they did I guess I would sell, but it's not something I'm shooting for, trying for, or working towards in any way. There are some names that just aren't for sale. There are also some names that are worth more the the owner than they are to interested parties. It's the owners right to say yes or no.
 
007 said:
Well, people have emailed me for domain quotes before, and if it's a name I don't want to sell, half the time they ask for a price anyway. So I name a huge number. Sometimes if you aren't selling, you aren't selling. I'd be surprised if someone ever said OK to the huge number, but even so, if they did I guess I would sell, but it's not something I'm shooting for, trying for, or working towards in any way. There are some names that just aren't for sale. There are also some names that are worth more the the owner than they are to interested parties. It's the owners right to say yes or no.

Understandable.. the way I see it, if the domain is a keeper, the seller should make it know upfront they dont want to sell, so both the buyer/seller's time isnt wasted.
 
dcristo said:
You email a webmaster directly inquiring about a domain, they get back to you stating to make an offer, I then go ahead and ask for a ballpark figure, and then u get this one liner with some outragously overstated price! At least if their looking for a sucker.... give more then a one liner! haha

Prices are always higher once someone inquires about your domain name! :cheesy:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom