• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Pet Peeve

Status
Not open for further replies.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2002
Messages
5,755
Reaction score
63
This was taken from a sales thread today.
$25. sold.

--------------------------

"Update, turns out name not sold to me after all. P.S. Kind of disturbing when a seller posts their names in multiple venues at the same time (at least 3 major domain forums and possibly elsewhere) and then 8-hrs later advises the buyer sorry it was already sold in the other forum! One more reason for me to stop buying names here, it's just too much nonsense for often low value names and way too annoying. Why can't sellers simply use one place at a time and if it does not sell here then go elsewhere in a few days? Are they so desperate to sell now they can not even wait a few days to try another venue?

In fact, that should be a forum rule as it does not indicate a seller has much confidence or value in DNF if he needs to go elsewhere at the same time. In fact, I think that was a forum rule at one time from what I recall but I may be wrong on that, not 100% certain - was it DCG? I know I would make it a rule if I owned DNF. Simultaneous multiple venue duplicate sale threads are BS. Too much ongoing childish nonsense here involving a number of other issues over the past few mos. I'm outta here, it's vacation time again! :plane:
 
Please don't pack your bags yet. The systems not broke, it just needs tweaking. A flood of new entries in the industry is bringing a need for forums like this one to evolve. Stick around to see what happens. If evolved properly the result can be more value to everyone.
 
Why do people threaten to leave?...Is that supposed to be the best way of making things happen - threatening an extended absense?

I think its just a transition period in the entire market...other forums have also been having their problems lately.
 
For certain situations it's needed.
I often post IDN Domains at two places. Most are over $1,000 & it just gets the most exposure that way. Most of us that deal with IDN Domains usually write it's posted at various forums.

This also let's the buyers know it might be sold somewhere else. Think about it also from the sellers point of view. There are buyers, & sellers who may not yet heard of DNF. I recently recommended someone to come here from another forum because he had a great high end domain, & he wanted to find a buyer, or broker. For that, this is the place. I told him to don't waste his time with those who never will be in the position of holding a real great premium domain.

For other domains though (midrange to mediocre)... There are options.. It's just a reality.
 
In fact, that should be a forum rule as it does not indicate a seller has much confidence or value in DNF if he needs to go elsewhere at the same time.

I really don't see the situation as being that serious. Any corporation that is trying to sell a name markets it through many different venues. How should the domain industry be any different? People are looking to sell their names expeditiously and the best way to do that is to market there names as much as possible. You just seem upset that you didn't get the name. Don't criticize the entire system for it. Things are just fine.
 
I like to post my names in 2 or 3 forums at the same time so I can make sure I get a large enough audience.. If I just posted at DNF, I may get offers on a name for a week... then you want me to pause at DNF and tell the high bidder to wait 2 weeks while I go post the name at NP for a week and then another week while I post at DS? Nah...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom