Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed Please appraise f-ck.us

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FineE

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
One note replacing the - with a u results in a name that is reserved / removed by the registry so this is as close as it gets in this TLD.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, kinda narrow use for this name huh? But it stands out, not unlike the company French Connection United Kingdom with its FCUK branding.

If the .US registry wouldn't allow the 'u', is it not possible that it might take action against the use of f-ck.us if it didn't like what it sees as a developed site?

What are the .US rules in this regard?

flex

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by snoopy

not quite close enough in my opinion, reg fee at best.

i agree with snoopy

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hehe, got me thinkin' about other extensions for um, interesting names. I think the following in Yugoslavian means congrats, the name is available to register...

Domen je slobodan !!!
Domen fu.co.yu je raspoloziv za registraciju!

It's at http://www.nic.yu/

FineE

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The .us rules on this came in at the eleventh hour, a matter of a few days before the land rush, and are in the following link

.us registration review policy

I am not concerned of the .us registry "taking action" here since it would be ex post facto. One must keep in mind the case of .com where the version with the u was finally allowed after lengthy litigation. However in that case the attempt to remove the name occured was made after a person tried to register it.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, it's the old naughty "Seven Words" legal precedent again is it FineE? I should have guessed it.

I think you're right that you're all clear with this name as the wording states '...that contain, within the characters of the domain name registration, any of the seven words...'; and yours is not a word.

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by FineE
One note replacing the - with a u results in a name that is reserved / removed by the registry so this is as close as it gets in this TLD.

Worth the Reg fee

heatfan

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by fizz
Hehe, got me thinkin' about other extensions for um, interesting names. I think the following in Yugoslavian means congrats, the name is available to register...

Domen je slobodan !!!
Domen fu.co.yu je raspoloziv za registraciju!

It's at http://www.nic.yu/

A little off topic but still, fizz there is no such language as Yugoslavian, it does not exist... Term Yugosalvian was artificially created... And yes that means there are no Yugoslavians also ....

Try using Serbian (language, people etc..) instead ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators