Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Please appraise, pleaseappraise.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

luckyphil

Just registered pleaseappraise.com.

Would appreciate any thoughts or ideas about the name, not just a value but, if I was to develop it, what suggestions you might have for a site.

I am initially thinking about a forum where people could have things appraised such as vehicles, motorcycles, household items or whatever.

What do you think?

Phil

Domain summit 2024

chris

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How do you plan on generating revenue if you develop the site?

Are you going to have an advertising-based revenue model, a subscription-based model, or what?

Thanks,
Chris

:) funny name

Could work as an appraisals board but as Chris said the advetising side may be difficult.

L

luckyphil

In reply to Chris and Snoopy,

Code:
Are you going to have an advertising-based revenue model, a subscription-based model, or what?

I suppose my initial thoughts would be to try and develop a community where people would go to for appraisals and if the community is large enough there would be plenty of opportunities for selling advertising space in various categories. The way to approach it at first would be to forget about revenue and just create a useful busy community, which inturn would create value for advertisers.

Just sort of thought that it may be quite easy to develop as the name is quite a common phrase, that is descriptive and a little catchy. Initially, I think I would have to find 2 or 3 mods for each category that would have an idea about values for a specific category, which might be a bit of a challenge.

Anyway, just kicking ideas around! Could be a bit of fun!

Any more thoughts?

Phil

Originally posted by luckyphil
In reply to Chris and Snoopy,

Code:

I suppose my initial thoughts would be to try and develop a community where people would go to for appraisals and if the community is large enough there would be plenty of opportunities for selling advertising space in various categories. The way to approach it at first would be to forget about revenue and just create a useful busy community, which inturn would create value for advertisers.

Any more thoughts?

Phil

Personally I would be thinking about revenues from the start, seems alot of content sites even have trouble paying their bandwidth bill, so if it gets big it may end up in a pickle without a solid advertising plan.

Just registered pleaseappraise.com.

Would appreciate any thoughts or ideas about the name, not just a value but, if I was to develop it, what suggestions you might have for a site.

I am initially thinking about a forum where people could have things appraised such as vehicles, motorcycles, household items or whatever.

What do you think?

Phil

Antique Appraisals would work for this name.

Keep the App's on the site... so the owners can
link back to you, from their auctions.
ForX.. if a member has an item on auction at Ebay..
the link for 'appraise' value.. would drive traffic
to your site.

Have an auction on the site for those members who have
antiques appraised. Exclusive auction for members..

it's got possibilities.

L

luckyphil

Hi WandaMay,

Thanks for the suggestions, the exclusive members only auction could be a good idea, a logical next step on from the appraisals.

Thanks

Phil

Hi WandaMay,

Thanks for the suggestions, the exclusive members only auction could be a good idea, a logical next step on from the appraisals.

Thanks

Phil

YOUR WELCOME Phil..

I think your Antique customer would LOVE the plan too.. cause they would have LESS competition to deal with on the auctions.. and their ebay apps/ link's would drive in lot's of biz to your site..

goodluck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom