• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Please Check This out !

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you add up his prizes, He would give away $64,000 if the domain sold for $100,000. I'm pretty sure even the seller is not expecting any money to change hands.
I feel like a dope for even following this...but I'm doing it anyway.
 
Maybe the guy bought the name privately from someone who didn't have a clue of its value for a couple of hundred dollars....if he sells it for 30-40k he'll become famous and be able to sell 10 times more names

Jas
 
Time to list my own "3 Letter .com Domain Name NO MYSTERY" auction and see how high the bids go :-)
 
I dont think he will reveal the name until and IF is payment is made and thats when the sh*t will hit the fan !
 
Wouldnt be surprised to see the auction reach 150k +. Shows how "interested" these bidders actually are. $70,100 and counting.
 
Yep its getting a joke,people are bidding just hoping for a cash back ! i wonder if its that guy who sold chromeguard.com LOL
 
britishbulldog said:
I dont think he will reveal the name until and IF is payment is made and thats when the sh*t will hit the fan !


I wasn't aware that payment had to be made before revealing the name. This means that all bidders are either morons, or will not be honorable if they get unlucky enough to win. Can't be anything else other than those two options.
 
What's to stop people registering on eBay just to bid and get one of his "bid bonuses", with no intent to pay if they actually win the domain.

Wase of time.
 
There is too much to read here, but has anyone noticed this!!!...
The guy is offering cash for the first person to bid "this" much. Some one sent him an e-mail saying he was the first to reach 50K and the deal is he is paid 5,xxx$. The sellers replied, yes, if you do not win the auction you will get your money. He IS lying! Mystery auctions are fun, but this guy is just being a straight up scammer/low life. Thats all:)

No wait, it is not all. I forgot to mention the one thing that really bugs me on eBay. It is an electronic shipment, yet his auction only states he will ship to USA. On eBay.ca, I would have never seen his auction as there is no point putting it on eBay.(anything but .com) since it does not ship there. People... If you want people to see your listng, and it is electronicaly shiped, state that you ship world wide! Thank you.
 
Like I predicted, the bidding is already up to 150k

NAS125... your signature bothers me. "I click on parked sites... because I am nice:)" Shame on you.
 
Just thought I'd check this thread to see what all the fuss is about...

Lol, it's up to $18 Million!

wibble2006 (2) US $18,000,100.00 Jun-21-06 19:48:24 PDT
candace9436 (12) US $18,000,000.00 Jun-21-06 22:16:09 PDT
candace9436 (12) US $4,000,000.00 Jun-21-06 22:15:56 PDT
candace9436 (12) US $2,000,000.00 Jun-21-06 22:15:41 PDT
candace9436 (12) US $180,000.00 Jun-21-06 22:15:29 PDT
candace9436 (12) US $160,000.00 Jun-21-06 22:15:17 PDT
candace9436 (12) US $155,000.00 Jun-21-06 22:15:02 PDT
candace9436 (12) US $152,000.00 Jun-21-06 22:14:49 PDT
scrollingstuff (7) US $151,000.00 Jun-21-06 21:45:08 PDT
scrollingstuff (7) US $150,200.00 Jun-21-06 21:44:54 PDT
scrollingstuff (7) US $150,000.00 Jun-21-06 19:22:12 PDT
devinestreet23 (199) US $111,000.00 Jun-21-06 19:27:16 PDT
devinestreet23 (199) US $100,000.00 Jun-21-06 16:19:55 PDT
scrollingstuff (7) US $100,000.00 Jun-21-06 19:17:40 PDT
scrollingstuff (7) US $99,500.00 Jun-21-06 19:17:27 PDT
scrollingstuff (7) US $99,200.00 Jun-21-06 19:17:14 PDT
scrollingstuff (7) US $99,000.00 Jun-21-06 19:17:03 PDT
 
Wow, now I'm starting to think this little stunt could bring publicity (good or bad) to the entire industry. Don't know how to find the ebay "most viewed" list anymore, but I bet it's on it.
 
There's got to be something wrong with the whole "bonus" cash idea. And even if it does happen to be legal, the buyers actually following through is a whole other story.

Also remember as the ebay seller stated:

$18,000,000 = 18,000 clues
 
Maybe it's sex.com, maybe it's zux.com.. hmm.. my guess it that it's not worth more than $10k.
 
When the auction is over he will have to go down the list pretty far to find a buyer. We better start guessing the number that will land the sale. Without looking I will say about $6,500. I think he has guaranteed the name to be three letters and dotcom, so it couldn't be that bad of a deal at that price....you at least have a name with a bit of domain name history.
 
I bidded till 5,000 because either way I was happy to buy it or to get $ 500 bonus.
He`s already a winner because we`re talking about him, he already got plenty of free advertising like those 4 guys Near Sydney offering a weekend that scored millions and auction was stopped by Ebay then restarted and final price of a couple of grants but they went on radios and TV.
One thing to do`t forget is that Ebay charges the sellers regardless if the item is paid or not and the higher is the winning bid, the higher is the charged fee.
Surely there will be some bid retractions but it`s interesting to see what happens, especially since this "mistery auctions" are starting to be very popular in several Ebay categories. They did not start with the domain names.
There are people sending "empty boxes" with mistery items.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom