Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed plz appr: TRICOLORS.NET & TRICOLORFLAGS.COM

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Limited usage to the US market. Otherwise, may lose a lot of traffic to people typing in tricolours.com.

Not very punchy name, as tri- sounds a little weak. "triple', while longer, would make the colors a lot more vibrant.

No no no! tricolor is VERY french, mon ami. Check out the dictionaries, oh merde mon petit salope :D

M

mike

Originally posted by timechange
No no no! tricolor is VERY french, mon ami. Check out the dictionaries, oh merde mon petit salope :D

A database of 3 color flags or just French Flags, TC? Whats the point? Who calls their flag tri-colors?

I'm being HONEST, tc. how the heck do you intend to make a buck developing these urls?
I think you'll probably just be wasting your TIME, so I encourage you to CHANGE your mind!

tricolor

adj : having or involving three colors; "trichromatic vision"; "a trichromatic printing process"; "trichromatic staining is the staining of tissue samples differentially in three colors"; "tricolor plumage"; "a tricolor process in photography" [syn: trichromatic, trichrome] n : a flag having three colored stripes especially the French flag

It does not say it is only for the french flag. At any rate, give me a few weeks and I will show you what I can do :D

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is that a luminescent sea urchin you have there for your avator, Time? Where do I get one?

Just polish the expanded forehead of your avatar a bit and it shall glow :D

M

mike

Originally posted by timechange
As for traffic, mike do you know how much traffic this page generates?

http://timechange.com/dls/

No. But however much it is, it would get lots more revisits if you just stuck a few CLOCKs showing the current time at different locales around the world on the page. People would come back TIME and TIME again to see what TIME it is somewhere. Instead, you give everybody a dang history lesson about some monk who may or may not have invented the calendar or whatever.
I think it is TIME for you to CHANGE it. :razz:

mike, I agree but the purpose of timechange.com was to sell web design & graphics design services. I would not want it to be a cuckoo clock around the world :D But the web site that you mentioned - which links to timechange.com BTW - exists: http://www.timezoneconverter.com

M

mike

Aren't those off target hits for web design services, Surfers seeking TIME information and you selling them web services?

I think the highest end use for Timechange.com would be the clocks so travellers could check the time where they are heading. Add a currency converter for stickiness and your type in traffic should snowball. Then, You could create a revenue stream thru PPC and % of sale affiliate programs selling all manner of travel related services.

Trust me, at some point I contacted Timex to sell it to them :D But I have no such intention now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators