• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

PM sent - unopened for days!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hugegrowth

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
5,992
Reaction score
150
How come some PM's you send show as unopened for many days after you send it, and the person you sent it to has been online since? Doesn't everyone open their PMs when they get one? Makes me wonder if there is a glitch in the PM system, or if the receiver can mark the PM as 'unread' after reading it - and that's how it shows to the sender?
 
Well you can read some of the shorter ones directly from the PM box without actually opening it, so sometimes, if the PM requires no reply, I just delete it without opening it. I suppose this would still should show up as unread.

Or maybe the person doesn't like you Lol
 
There are a certain percentage of pms which go ignored. I can say I have read and most likely replied to every pm. However, some people do not feel that it is necessary to reply to a pm for some reason, or in some cases even read the pm.

Wether or not someone reads a pm, it only matters if they reply or not imo
 
Don't forget those of us who have a duplicate sent to our email can read the message without ever going online at dnforum
 
Don't forget those of us who have a duplicate sent to our email can read the message without ever going online at dnforum

Good point as that's how I have mine but I still click the link and read it at dnf. I think it's just common courtesy.
 
thanks, forgot the email copy thing. You'd still think people would clean out their PM box here when they log back in though.
 
I receive PM's in my mailbox, so it sometimes happen that I don't open a PM at DNforum.

So no, it's not a bug :-)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom