• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Poker affiliate questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

none

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2005
Messages
508
Reaction score
0
I registered a few poker names after seeing a new advertising campaign on a non-.com TLD.

The names have a combined .com ovt w/e of 210 (but the names themselves are not .com)

I'm forwarding the names to a poker affiliate and in a day and a half have 43 hits and 3 real-money players to show for it, so there is a relationship between .com ovt w/e and the new TLD being pushed.

- forwarding names to a poker affiliate seems like a longer term investment. What is the minimum amount of time I should leave to this?

- poker names is not my game, so should I put these on the market after accumulating some stats, what would be the going rate? i.e. would affiliate CPA income be considered differently from CPC at a poker parking page?
 
Test with fabulous first, they can pay amazing CPC rates for you. Also, if you're doing CPA, make sure you're getting over $150 per $50 deposit player. The BIGGEST name(s) are paying that. Don't accept lower from a small fry.
 
Wow... $150 per $50?!

At the level I'm starting at it's $75 for $200...

In your experience, what's the approximate conversion rate from real-money player to depositing player?

I'd try fab, but I don't have any domains parked with them, and I understand they would only consider a large amount pointed their way before starting a new account.
 
I use fortuneaffiliates.com for poker affiliate programs, they seem fair. But not the highest paying ones on the market.

One thing to remember it is almost a waste of time sending traffic to party poker, pacific poker, 888, and some of the other large sites.
The ones that have been around for years, it is hard and harder to get new clients to them. I was sending 200 uniq a day to party poker, and getting 1 signup every couple of weeks. Most of the players already had an account hence no money for me.

Poker time is new so i started sending my affiliate traffic to them lower payout but getting more real players.
 
Thats cool !,but what knuckle head would spend big bucks on marketing a non .com poker domain,its just to risky in losing traffic !

Anyway waht is the domain for curiosity ?
 
hardly any company advertising .com poker domains.

All the advertising in the states is for .net unless on sirius or xm radio.
 
Over past several days I've received 8 sign-ups and 5 'real-players' but no deposits.

What sort of conversion rate do you see from being a real-player to being a depositing player?
 
Come on guys, I've had promo periods where PP (if you know who I mean) was offering $200 per $50 deposit. $75 for a $200 is absolute trash. Either hit me up for a better deal or go to Fabulous, they will pay you much better on PPC (compared to your current).
 
You could do up a webpage with some different
poker affiliate programs on it, plus add some
poker training ebooks from clickbank. Then you
give your visitors some choice. Over time, shift
the focus of the site more to the sites that are
making you the most money.
You could also switch to earning a % on the lifetime
of the player, instead of a one-time acquisition payment.
 
can you pm me some links of those $50/$200 (even $150) programs please?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom