• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Press Release for advertising a domain name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueSkies

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2006
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Does anyone have any experience in using a press release for advertising a high valued domain name?

I noted PRWeb. How effective are they? What are the other major services to consider?

Thanks,

- BlueSkies
 
I've noticed one press release come out of PR Web exclusively advertising a "premium" domain for sale. I don't think the domain was actually premium, but the vast majority of the general public might not know the difference.

PR Web is a B2C wire service. Their feeds are free and lots of sites run their feeds for content. I wouldn't seriously have any expectations of the story getting picked up by real media outlet, but you can expect some traffic and attention (assuming your domains are of interest).

Is your domain one that you are hoping to have a real news service pick up the story? If so, you might want to consider PR Newswire or Business News Wire. They're much more expensive, IIRC, but their primary audience is news rooms and media industry ppl like journalists and desk editors who are looking for new story ideas and filler pieces.

Also, you're going to want to have a professional write your press release -- there's a little bit of an art to it. :)
 
I used PRweb.com once and my article was listed on the first page of Yahoo.com Business news. I wrote it myself... I guess you could say I have a way with my words! (It was rated 4/5 stars by PRWeb.com Editors)
 
I would be interested in seeing your article. Do you have a link to it?

Thanks,

BlueSkies

I used PRweb.com once and my article was listed on the first page of Yahoo.com Business news. I wrote it myself... I guess you could say I have a way with my words! (It was rated 4/5 stars by PRWeb.com Editors)
 
I would be interested in seeing your article. Do you have a link to it?

Thanks,

BlueSkies

Pm sent :D for your inquiry.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom