• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Professional sports and the .info

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegendaryJP

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2005
Messages
4,332
Reaction score
171
I was curious on your opinion on the value of each of the following popular pro sports in the dot info extension. Most of these names were $XXXX plus 3-4 years ago, so keep that in mind. This not a pro or anti dot info thread rather opinions on value in todays market.

Basketball .info
Baseball .info
Boxing .info
Football .info
Golf .info
Hockey .info
Soccer .info
Tennis .info

Overture shows all of the above names w/o ext are in the low to mid XXXXXX .

Some developed, some not. All looking for or have sold for big money in the dot com. Opinions please :becky:


P.S. , just curious.
 
IMO, all are easily worth 5 figures; wait another 3-4 years and they might well be even in 6 figures..!!
 
Great domains. All worth mid to high $x,xxx
 
Great domains. All worth mid to high $x,xxx
If they're put up for sale with asking pricee in mid 4 figures, even on any of the forums, they'd be gone before one could blink....
 
If they're put up for sale with asking pricee in mid 4 figures, even on any of the forums, they'd be gone before one could blink....


I agree, I dont think he realizes these were the prices and higher over 3 years ago :bump2:
 
200k-400k package. I would sell my soul for those.
 
Exactly what I thought.

If you're gonna sell your soul for domains, at least let them be .com's. :loco:
Selling one's soul for knowledge (.info) is much worthier than doing so for commerce (.com)....:greenwink: :greenwink:
 
I am really starting to like this " DryHeat " :tounge_smile:


I also feel they are all $XXXXX names just where about's was what I was looking for...
 
I also feel they are all $XXXXX names just where about's was what I was looking for...
Its always bit tricky pinning down the end-user prices for high profile domains like these since it always depend on the seller and buyer's circumstances and frame of mind when they enter the negotiations. Overall I'd agree with the valuation above that as a package they're probably somewhere between $200K and $400K at this point in time.
 
So assuming all names are equal that is $25K a piece on average . And up to $50K a piece to a very motivated end user. So reseller could be anything under the $25K a piece. Sounds about right for a major sport.
 
So assuming all names are equal that is $25K a piece on average . And up to $50K a piece to a very motivated end user. So reseller could be anything under the $25K a piece. Sounds about right for a major sport.
Yes...but look at it like this: NewYork.info recently was re-sold and again bought (for over $40K) by an investor/reseller who is now asking $4M (for NewYork.info + Manhattan.info)... http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=184523 Now even if we assume that this asking price is too optimistic, its quite likely thet NewYork.info can easily be re-sold for over $100k in a year or so. Where else would you find that kind of ROI?

So, getting back to the thread, if I had any of these sports names, I'd never sell them for $25K or even $50K....I'd sit on them as long as I feel that every year their price is appreciating better than 20% unless I really needed the money or someone came along and made a very attractive offer; i.e. 2-3 times their current market value....above $100K in today's market.
 
Thanks for the help DH, I wonder if Arizona has given you a dry sense of humor too. Oh man I crack myself up :hurt:

:rapture:
 
Yes...but look at it like this: NewYork.info recently was re-sold and again bought (for over $40K) by an investor/reseller who is now asking $4M (for NewYork.info + Manhattan.info)... http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=184523 Now even if we assume that this asking price is too optimistic, its quite likely thet NewYork.info can easily be re-sold for over $100k in a year or so. Where else would you find that kind of ROI?

So, getting back to the thread, if I had any of these sports names, I'd never sell them for $25K or even $50K....I'd sit on them as long as I feel that every year their price is appreciating better than 20% unless I really needed the money or someone came along and made a very attractive offer; i.e. 2-3 times their current market value....above $100K in today's market.

Yes, but that's taking into account that you think NewYork.info was a good deal at $40k. I personally would never pay that price for it. Not strictly because it's a .info but partly for that reason. Unless .info gets a huge raise in user recognition...then it could be any domain ending. What about NewYork.us? I would much rather have that domain ending if users aren't sure. Of course .com will always be king just because of how the Internet's history came to be. So NewYork.info is a bit inflated I believe at this point.

As for the domains listed in this thread, that's much different. As a package they would be worth a ton of money $500k - $1M+. Seperately they would still be worth $10k+ each depending on the sport and the buyer but at this point that's all I would give for them.
 
I don't like .info's that much, but I would definitely buy those if given the chance. :-)

I'd say they are worth low to mid $xx,xxx each, and even more as a package. Too bad the same person doesn't own them all right now though. That would be an insane collection to own. :-D
 
Selling one's soul for knowledge (.info) is much worthier than doing so for commerce (.com)....:greenwink: :greenwink:

I resemble that remark. (Sorry, could not resist).

And, LegendaryJP, remarkable names.

-Commerce
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom