Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

professionally stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I hardly ever type the www infront of the URL i want.

It pisses me off to see sites that do not have that configured.

The ironic part of this is that you would expect a company that deals with domains, and its sole business is domain names to NOT have that trouble...

well here is one that pisses me off whenever i visit it.

Greatdomains.com

Domain summit 2024

I don't understand why everyone who has a domain doesn't have a wildcard zone file so that anything.domain.com resolves.

If you convert traffic, doing this can bump up the levels nicely on some domains.

wwww

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yep, agree....just one example: There seems to be a huge amount of weirdos out there who just type stuff like wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.wwww.org into their browsers...and all that traffic finally ends up on my site (as long as they type wwww.org in the end of course).

Happens quite a lot :D

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Many reasons why, many people don't understand cnames or aliases when they set up their own internet servers.

This is never a problem with professional outsourcing of hosting and dns management.

I doubt it is stupidity, just lack of awareness. Not everyone on planet earth are professional domain speculators with indepth knowledge of DNS. Many are just good and profitable companies new to the internet.

But it sure feels good to criticize these www unaware companies for their stupidity, since it implies we are smarter than them :D Human psychology 101.

flex

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole
Many reasons why, many people don't understand cnames or aliases when they set up their own internet servers.

This is never a problem with professional outsourcing of hosting and dns management.

I doubt it is stupidity, just lack of awareness. Not everyone on planet earth are professional domain speculators with indepth knowledge of DNS. Many are just good and profitable companies new to the internet.

But it sure feels good to criticize these www unaware companies for their stupidity, since it implies we are smarter than them :D Human psychology 101.

:laugh:

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole

Hey mole...greatdomains is a domain, i say ,..... i say a DOMAIN auction co.
they Should have that wild card set up.....
There is no excuse, other than they are STUPID PROFESSIONALS

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Which is why this world needs NORMAL professionals, Nic.

Many people are still banking high hopes into .com because of a temporary quirk in history.

They are just simply unaware of the future, and what has changed and will change.

It is obvious .com is the primary address route today. That's a no brainer duh and too easily rationalised. Even a 2 year old will tell you so. Its a defensive paradigm to maintain hopes in .com. But a deadly paradigm that blinds into the ability to understand future potential.

uncle

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
mole, what's the point of bringing this up all the time. you have your .biz and .info domains. if you want to help make these extensions popular, start developing serious web sites instead of trying to convince everyone that they will be of high value someday

'just my 2 cents'

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
least they get the 'professional' title.... :D

D

DaniilKharms

Ok, I'll admit I am stupid, but how do I configure domains to work without the www

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Daniil who is your registrar?

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by uncle
mole, what's the point of bringing this up all the time.

I'm a naggy ol' grandma :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom