• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Proper domain etiquette, what is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always remember to rate (either positive or negative) the other person after a transaction. This helps other people to know the credit history of the person they are about to deal with.
 
1. Don't post domain wanted just to get ideas on registrations.
2. Don't start a thread like show your highest revenue making or highest OVT domains & don't bother to even post anything you personally own.
 
Olney said:
1. Don't post domain wanted just to get ideas on registrations.

I haven't been here that long, but I have a hunch that's what is going on. Take a look at all the domain wanted ads. How many do you see that actually result in a sale?
 
DomainFatigue said:
I haven't been here that long, but I have a hunch that's what is going on. Take a look at all the domain wanted ads. How many do you see that actually result in a sale?
Unfortunately not many. I haven't been able to buy anything decent from it. The domains wanted section is quite a mess. Which leads me to another domain etiquette rule:

Always follow the guidelines in a domains wanted post exactly. If you domain doesn't meet them, don't post it.

Always follow the buyer's request of PMs only, or Posts only, when replying to a domains wanted thread.
 
jaydub said:
For Sales threads....
READ THE RULES before you start posting and you can avoid making comments in sales threads like...
"Too rich for my budget"
"How come you think it's worth that much"
"If I had the money I wouldn't say that was a good price"

In other words .... If you are not making an offer .... read it and move on...

Because it is not within your budget or mentality does not mean it is over priced.
The seller is allowed to ask any price they want....don't like it....MOVE ON.

I think that goes for Brokerage and Offer threads as well. There has been a lot of "appraisal" comments in those sections lately.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom