• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Proxy server? need my own private one

Status
Not open for further replies.

shambles

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2007
Messages
264
Reaction score
0
I'm currently living in Ukraine which is a hotbed for tea-leaves and phishers, and as such, lots of websites block all Ukrainian IP addresses.

The best way around this would be, I think, to set my UK computer as a proxy. How does one do that? I can have my minion do it.
 
Well even where i live lotsa sites are blocked...i bought cheap hosting and installed a cgi proxy..later on i bought a SSL certificate too..+ pasword protected it//only i use it..but dont know how to use your own computer to make a proxy..
 
I'm currently living in Ukraine which is a hotbed for tea-leaves and phishers, and as such, lots of websites block all Ukrainian IP addresses.

The best way around this would be, I think, to set my UK computer as a proxy. How does one do that? I can have my minion do it.

This wikipedia article should help you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom