• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Question on professional domain name appraisals

Status
Not open for further replies.

xsonicx

New Member
Legacy Gold Member
Joined
May 30, 2006
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
What is the best place to get the best domain name appraisal by REAL professionals?
 
yea, trust moniker, they really know what they do very well
 
I have been thinking of doing it too get professional appraisals for 3 - 4 of my names. I was thinking of going with SEDO or Godaddy but now I going to check out MONIKER!

Thanks GUYS!!!
 
I have used sedo.com and like their appraisals. I have mainly used their premium appraisals which cost US$49.
 
Right here on DNForum is the most accurate., you just have to know who to listen to.
 
Don't do appraisals. It's like asking your mother if you are ugly. I will guarantee you that no appraisal service would offer to pay you 10 percent of their appraisal price, so that means it is a useless service.

Most domain names do not have a lot of value these days, as most people are trying to get as far away as possible from the good names. People tend to try to re-invent the language daily with their names.

Stick to names that actually make sense and make it easy for prospective buyers to contact you. If your names are good then you will get inquiries by email.

One of the most useless things in the domain industry is an appraisal for a low-end name. If you have a great name then it would be a good idea to ask a group of experienced domainers what they thought.

Good luck with your names, but remember that 99 percent of the people who pay for appraisals are amateurs who have bad names. Don't be a sucker. Get some great names and you won't need to worry about anyone's appraisal.
 
Right here on DNForum is the most accurate., you just have to know who to listen to.

I think paid appraisals are silly and unnecesary. Just post it here and get many pros and cons of the name then gage a price value yourself. As a seller an appraisal means squat to me. If I feel a name can fetch $5000 then time is the only thing against me then I will wait for that offer understanding market conditions and trends.

As a buyer. If I want a name to develop or because of targeted traffic, then I will make offers on it higher or lower then an appraisal amount.

Its all subjective. In this business, one man's trash is another man's treasure an that is rule 1. I have baught so many names here from people here from for $35 and fliped it for 10-20x that amount. I didn't need an appraisal to tell me what to sell at nor did a buyer need an appraisal to tell them what to buy at. But to each his own.
 
Are there often instances in which a potential buyer would say "price too high"; but would change their mind and make the purchase if presented with an appraisal or two from sources that they found to be legitimate?
 
biggedon said:
so true "whodat"

ditto.

Nor need for appraisals....your domain is simply worth what someone is willing to pay for it. ;) Could be $5 to one person..and another wants it bad anough to pay $5,000.

//everydayprofit
 
I've had some domains appraised by godaddy and they seemed inflated.

I agree with those that say use DNForum for the best appraisals. If you post and do not get any response take that as a strong hint. If you do get responses, they are usually from people have a pretty good idea of their stuff.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom