• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Question: Where to register the cheapest company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnol

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2003
Messages
1,419
Reaction score
0
and is there a URL for this ?
I just need to register a company with lowest cost.
thanks.Wherever it is ,NP.
 
You probably want to look into registering an LLC in Delaware

Cheapest way would be to file the paperwork yourself. Otherwise do a search on Google for registering. I did the process in January so if you need any assistance I will let you know what I did.
 
thanks
good..researching this now
 
delaware is arguably the best state to form in. if i'm not mistaken the fee is ~$200 if you file the article of formation yourself. there are services that can do this for a fee on top of that, and while you may pay a bit more it may be worth it as they can expedite the process, and usually provide you with additional stuff such as the operating agreement which you would otherwise have to do yourself (probably templates for those somewhere online.) however, also keep in mind that if you do not reside in delaware you will need to pay someone to act as a 'registered agent' as by law you need to have one in the state in which you form. and furthermore, you may want to look at the secretary of state (s.o.s.) website for the state in which you reside because you may be also required to register with your state as well (and thus pay another fee)

A bit of advice that someone else posted in another forum when i was researching this for myself, is don't necessarily go for the cheapest state to form in, but choose the one that offers the most benefit to you, and also consider long term advantages/disadvantages and cost/benefit. do lots of research and make an informed decision. you can pm me if you have other questions. (ps, this is personal advice not legal advice :ok: )

(JDK, can i pm you with a question of mine? i'm just trying to wrap up this process myself and have one last question that i havnt been able to get answered. i would appreciate it. thanks)
 
Sure I will try to answer it tonight. Personally when I did my LLC I chose my home state instead of Delaware. I didn't find any differences that would benefit me to file in DE vs. my home state.

Anyways these are suggestions and you should always contact someone for actual legal advice. But I will supply my opinion and what I did.
 
hmm, well if you filed w/ your home state then you may not know the answer. i'm going to post the Q to the legal forum as soon as i upgrade to platinum which is monday i think.
 
Maybe I don't. So what. I am not a legal expert. I would only provide info that I gathered when doing researching before forming my corporation.
 
well,then how much it will totally cost for an overeas registrant?
thanks.
 
at present there's a great offer in my signature (10 .de domains for free until 31st of July 2007 and .de is the 2nd largest TLD worldwide) - consider this to be the cheapest at present :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom