Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Real or fake inquiry!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karrera

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just received an email from an anonymous person reading as follow:

"Hello!

I'm a representative of a rich investor from Switzerland. He is interested in buying mctwerkteam.com.

Please respond and specify a desired price in the subject line.

If you have other names for sale please email me your list with prices.

Regards,

Abram Kortman

CEO

Asp Web Services

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email communication may contain private, confidential, or legally privileged information intended for the sole use of the designated and/or duly authorized recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient or have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by email and permanently delete all copies of this email including all attachments without reading them."

Real or fake? Thoughts? Spam? Jackpot?

NamePrime

nameprime.com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's fake. I've got this one too:

Hello!

I'm a representative of a rich investor from Dubai (UAE). He is interested in buying ******.net

Please respond and specify a desired price in the subject line.

If you have other names for sale please email me your list with prices.

Regards,

Mark Perelman

Domain Name Realtor

Asp Web Hosting

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email communication may contain private, confidential, or legally privileged information intended for the sole use of the designated and/or duly authorized recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient or have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by email and permanently delete all copies of this email including all attachments without reading them.

Karrera

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
appraisal scam

Figured.

I was visualizing some old rich swedish dude, with a sweet beard and a tobacco pipe chilling in office with a glass of scotch. Itching for his associate to get in touch with this domain owner so her can purchase it. BUT FIRST...

haha

Last edited by a moderator:

Karrera

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
If you ever get an inquiry from Sergei Putanov, it's the real thing.

Karrera

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd make a sure bet that this is a fake inquiry. Here's why...

1. The whole reason why a "rich investor" would use a representative is so that he's not "showing his hand", since I'd stand to find out how much he's capable of paying if he had inquired myself.

For example, if Donald Trump wanted to buy my house, I'd make him pay for it. Because I know he can do it. An "average joe" buyer, on the other hand, I have no way of knowing whether he has deep or shallow pockets.

Hence, the representative. I don't know which of these situations is the case, so I have to govern myself accordingly, factoring both possibilities.

2. Why would he want the asking price in the subject line? That makes no sense; other than to let the "sucker responses" be automatically filtered by a system that reads the subject lines.

3. If he's interested in that one particular domain name... why would he want to know about others that you have, when he has no idea of either...

a) Whether you even own any other domains

or

b) If you do, what kind of names they are

Fake, fake, fake. Don't waste your time.

afloat.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Listen, forget everything you have read here , these guys are just sore losers they aren't getting offers..

Look, It's a really nice name, id maybe be prepared to give you 1.5K for it. First I will need to know its true value though through a REAL appraisal service, PM me for details.

best gards.

A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators