• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Received C&D, transferred domain, domain still points to my server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdk

DNF Addict
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2004
Messages
6,352
Reaction score
28
Say you had a domain which was a generic site with no banners, ads, etc. The company who held the TM sent you the C&D email saying they own the mark and logo. You agree and transfer the domain to them. They did not bother changing the nameservers on the domain and it points to my server still.

Would you:
A) Put up a page full of ads
B) Put the site that was up back up
C) Email them asking to change nameservers or a site will be put back up
D) Put back up the site, send the company a bill for the hosting and bandwidth usage of "their" domain?
E) Suggest something else to do?
 
D) ... hosting can be expensive you know ;)
 
1st - What was the domain? What kind of company are we talking about that had the TM issue?

2nd - You actually gave it to them?? Suprised you didnt just sell it quickly.

3rd - You should let them know its still on your server and send them a bill for each month its hosted. If they ignore you, keep it parked (point to a PPC generator) and make some money!!
 
Id park it. Its not bad faith if they are the ones parking it hehe
 
Yeah I have a couple domains that were sold and they never changed DNS. That's their problem...I push the traffic to how I see fit.
 
It is pointed to my nameservers. How would I redirect the traffic to a parking site since it goes to my nameservers? Can I use an A record?
 
1st - What was the domain? What kind of company are we talking about that had the TM issue?

2nd - You actually gave it to them?? Suprised you didnt just sell it quickly.

3rd - You should let them know its still on your server and send them a bill for each month its hosted. If they ignore you, keep it parked (point to a PPC generator) and make some money!!

Since I have not incorporated I usually hand over a $6.95 name in a heart beat. Once I get myself structured then I can do what most do and say $1k minimum for a quick process.

1st - Is a large corporation, so it was no use for me to put up a fight. I prefer not to mention it as two or three of my names received C&D's from this forum. I think lawyers find them and then contact the other party's lawyers regarding the names. It had no banners and minimal traffic since it was only a month or two old. I could understand if it was bringing in revenue.
 
i'd park it too.. I presume they sent you a C&D when it was pointing in parking... You surrender domain so it's theirs but still points to your parking NSs so keep it there

actually it's quite frequent this situation... I'd say 7/10 times this is the case
 
I have the exact same situation, its still on my server for the last 3 months and it looks like they will never change the nameservers , I opted to just leave it on my server with adsense so I could seo the site for more traffic.
 
Actually it had a small site on it with no ads whatsoever.
 
I would place ads all over the page if the industry did make a good payout....
 
It is pointed to my nameservers. How would I redirect the traffic to a parking site since it goes to my nameservers? Can I use an A record?

Fowarding, like sedoparking.com/domain.com or w.e
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom