• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Receiving blank emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

actnow

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2003
Messages
4,865
Reaction score
10
I have been receiving a number of blank emails over the past week or more.

Are others seeing an increase in blank emails?

I check each email for the ip address embedded in properties. And, they are
not from the same areas.

I'm wondering if McAfee is causing this?
Did something change within Ms Outlook?
Or, is my broadband supplier (Comcast) partially filtering the emails?

Here is what is says in properties -
X-Comment: Sending client does not conform to RFC822 minimum requirements
X-Comment: Date has been added by Maillennium


Does anyone have any insight into this problem?
 
Maybe a spammer trying to verify email adresses?
 
I have received several too.
The sender is forged to my whois email address, and the subject is the same email.
The email has no other content.
Must be a retarded spammer(are there other kinds of spammers?)
 
I know that hi-jackers are always testing for dormant, incorrect or none
functioning email addresses using domain whois data.

Hoping they get a bounce back so they can initiate a transfer of a valuable domain.

I don't think this is the reason for the major increase of blank emails. ????

These ip addresses are not consistantly the same number nor area of the U.S.
or world.
 
in my case they use my email as the sender, so they won't receive any emails back.
-that means they couldn't possibly gain something with this, IMO-
 
I have been getting at least 20 of these a day in the last 2 weeks.
 
I've been getting a few too, SPAM keeps getting weirder and weirder.
 
I get them daily, aswell as cheap viagra etc, Gmail marks it all as spam for me :-)
 
and a bunch of BS Domain interest offers from yahoo.co.uk emails, and also russian offers. Reminds me of a certain members spam offers about a year ago. Very similar
 
The spammers are using scripts to verify whois emails. I got a couple carrying my whois privacy protection cryptic email, so spammers are apparently mining the whois like crazy.
 
Just received another batch .
the sender's IP is 83.117.25.231 ,
NL NETHERLANDS ZUID-HOLLAND THE HAGUE WANADOO NEDERLAND
Could be a proxy, I didn't checked further
Anyone else received blank emails from this one?
 
Yeah I run mail servers and you should see how many people test to see if I am an open relay (I'm notit has to authenticate.. but they try anyways.) I get em all as bouncebacks.. Viagra, blank emails, mortgages,,,

One even yesterday with the title " So you think you need a crane to lift your dick eh?"

Wife and I had to chuckle at that one..
 
I saw a couple of these recently as well. One originated in Korea.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom