Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Recommendations for unloading old, quality domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

azmojo

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty much looking to exit the domain business but I don't want to just dump my names in a bulk sale, I'm not desperate. I don't really have the time to put together lists and email potential buyers.

I feel I have some quality domains but most have been rejected for auction at one time or another so maybe they aren't all that great. Might be willing to go no-reserve on an auction if it is one of the top auctions - don't know which auction that would be though. And would that be too risky?

Would definitely be willing to pay a good perecentage to a broker if there's anyone legit who would try hard to sell these to end users, but haven't found anyone like that.

What would you do?

Here's a sample of the kind of domains I have... None of them get much traffic, I just have these parked but do nothing to promote them.

Ryes.com
Decibels.com
Pompons.com
WiseWoman.com
Pincers.com
Stalks.com
RealTimeStockQuotes.com
Bobsleds.com
Mackerels.com
PlayersCard.com
Filly.net
Dormroom.net
Covering.net

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

This is not an Appraisal section, so not going to go there.

However, I will say that, you should have been receiving some offers from that group.

don't know if you got privacy on or you're just not responding.

if they were mine, I wouldn't put on/in a no-reserve auction, I'd just renew for 10 more years and wait.

advise you to post in Appraisal section if you want members feedback, or list for sale seeking offers. As we don't permit solicitations in this section.

Thanks and Good Luck!

azmojo

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm not looking for appraisals or solicitations. I'm looking to SELL these and others. I didn't want to post them but I felt I needed to give a sample to show that these aren't the usual crap names that sellers think are great.

I'm out of touch with the domain world, I don't know what the best auctions are anymore, or the best way to find a real domain broker who will actually actively market some of my names. That's what my post was for.

You seem to be implying that if I post in the appraisals section I might get offers. Good to know, if that's true. I'm really not looking to sell to other domainers because they never want to pay much, but it doesn't hurt.

Thanks again!

domainbartender

Your name server since 2008.
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Heritage Auctions is accepting submissions now for an auction that is to be held in April. You could give them a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators