Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Register.com B.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Sorry - big mistake on my part!

I ment they keep valuable domains that expire - that is also happeing a lot more these days, and the forums all have tales of how register.com not only keeps them in their databas - but also
change the admin info to their own.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55168&highlight=register.com

Do a who is for the domain - and I hope the guys get's it back sooner or later.

Franky

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RealNames
It's possible this was not renewed late but someone read DNPowerful's Post here about the name and simply called Register.com and asked them if he could reg the name for multi-years if they would let it drop, which they agreed to do.

I know from first hand experience some registrars do agree to do this as I recently asked DomainPeople.com if they would do this on another name which should have dropped almost 1 yr earlier. They agreed to do so and emailed the reg forms. I decided to not do it as they wanted $100-yr for the registration. :rolleyes:

RealNames,
by any chance, do you know whether directnic.com does the same thing? i'm interested in one name that expired at directnic recently, but directnic has a 40-day grace period before they let it drop. can i just interrupt the 40-day period and buy it directly from directnic? :confused:

M

Mythios

It's no secret that the registrars are holding onto big names. Just a couple weeks ago, dunk.com expired...guess what, you never saw it become available. All of a sudden BuyDomains.com has it. Out of sheer curiosity, I emailed them for a price and they wanted $7k for it. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom