• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

registration restriction of .us

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoewayne

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
May 21, 2005
Messages
109
Reaction score
3
I seems only people in the US can register .us names. I am not an american. I want to buy and develop a .us name. Is there any way I can buy a .us domain through an agent or something, just like proxy registration? Thank you!
 
Most registars allow anyone to register a .us domain.
 
Is this a new reg or a purchase?
 
Thank you, Pim and DNjet.

it is a purchase, regged at Godaddy. I also want to register the plural version, which is available now.
 
godaddy is a bit tougher because they periodically call you on the phone and they surely would recognize it at that point, if its something your going to put a lot of work and money into maybe you better play it safe and work with someone in the US on this one, maybe someone can set up a new account at godaddy with their US address/phone, and a hotmail addy then give you access to the new godaddy account and hotmail address. Then transfer out to somewhere like domainsite where they never call.
 
Thank you DNjet to share your experience.

Godaddy is really tougher. One time one of my account was closed by godaddy, and told me when I contact them that my contact infomation is incomplete.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom