• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

ribeye.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjseiler

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2006
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
ribeye.com just sold on ebay for $1445. I think that is a steal....but then again, what the heck do I know.
 
yeah I would think that is so common a word it could be used for a whole mess of sites besides steaks
 
bjseiler said:
ribeye.com just sold on ebay for $1445. I think that is a steal....but then again, what the heck do I know.


Depending on how you will use it.

PPC for ribeye, definitely no go due to low ctr.

Development is the best way to get some $ to this name.

my 2 cent.

em
 
Fantastic Buy ... Steak ppc bids are prime from $1.00 to $2.50 on ovt ... also Ribeye keyword is not too shabby either at $.50 a bid.

I missed it.
 
kinda reminds me of when I just missed "luckys.com" on ebay and it sold for like 3k..got outbid with like less than 1 sec left! ohh well!

gotta love ribeye's...yum
 
My favorite type of steak and a steal at under $1500
 
good buy... I could think of a great way to develop it
 
And I thought I was the only one that liked food domains...
 
Just goes to show you that there are great deals everywhere. All you need is 10 or 20 good names like this in your portfolio and you have a chance at a big payday down the road. So much for people being priced out of the dotcom market. Solid name at a great price....there are many more like this.

Dotcom is King!
 
... Like it's been said, there are alot of good terms out there but unless you plan on developing a site and building a community based on ribeye's hard to convert it.

-=DCG=-
 
great site for a steak portal...add some recipes, information on different cuts of beef and SEO it well, heck I would visit it as Ribeye is also my favorite type of steak.
 
I'm surprised I didn't see this auction, as I check ebay/dnf/np/ds/tdnam/afternic/sedo everyday... I would have paid more.
 
imagine what omaha steaks would pay for this!
 
Mocus said:
imagine what omaha steaks would pay for this!

This is why names like this will continue to multiply in value. Think of how ridiculously easy it would be to have Omaha Steaks (or someone else) pay just $120 per month to forward the name to their site.

Obviously, you should be able to get much more than that, but you would be even in 12 months with the above no-brainer scenario.

If I own Omaha Steaks then I know that every single person who types in ribeye.com this year will visit my site.....for a little over $1,000.

It's not rocket science. Warren Buffett is the second richest person on earth and he keeps it very simple. This name is a good example of "Domain values 101...and why the sky is the limit for good names".
 
The question is, if someone is hungry for a steak, do they go to a restaurant, a grocery store, or to the Internet.

Also, a few more cases of mad cow disease would effect things a bit.

By the way, Vegans.com sold for $73,000 according to DNjournal.com
 
March2005 said:
The question is, if someone is hungry for a steak, do they go to a restaurant, a grocery store, or to the Internet.

Also, a few more cases of mad cow disease would effect things a bit.

By the way, Vegans.com sold for $73,000 according to DNjournal.com

That question has already been answered. They go to all three places. The easier question is what are the people looking for when they type in ribeye.com? The answer is simple... Ribeye, or steaks. This is Domaining 101.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom