Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Rockisco - step up to the plate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Rockisco - I have been made aware that you are trying to charge a 'handling fee' for a name that you sold at the auction last night. Sorry but we don't play that game here brother. You either play by the rules or you don't play at all. This is not eBay - and there are NO handling charges or transfer charges added to the price.

You agreed to the rules when you signed up for the auction - and now you must honor the deal that was made.

I expect you to contact the buyer immediately - and waste no more time in transferring the name to him.

Please take care of your business now. Thank you!

Upvote 0

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I doubt he will respond. He made it clear to me that his auctions on ebay all come with a $10 handling fee. Which is fine - I do the same thing - but we are not on ebay. I never charge handling fees on DNF, or other forums for that matter. An auction is an auction. I won 1suv.com for $4 flat and he refuses to sell.

Since Rockisco seems to not honor his word and wants to have his reputation hurt, let him have it. I would not buy from him on ebay either, username is "Rockisco" http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...s&userid=rockisco&completed=0&sort=3&since=-1

For a high roller he seems to be a penny pincher with no understanding or honor.

Domain Summit 2024

markcw

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm the guy who bought the domain from Rockisco.

The last email I recieved said "I will cut the handling fee in half" and that was the best he could do. I have said no thanks.

My life will not be shattered by the loss of the domain name.

He was NOT a jerk about the whole thing. He was stating what he thought would be normal.

However rules are rules.

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the rules are simple - if you dont honour your sale - you shouldnt be privaleged to be part of the auction or the forum which gregr and mods have spent a lot of time setting up

if your domain sells for $4.00 - tough luck - dont list your domain if you wont honour the sale

just my 2 dnf$

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
My PM exchange, judge for yourselves...

Hi there,

I won the auction for 1suv.com at $4.
Where do you want me to Paypal the money to?

I've an account with GoDaddy that you can push the domain to.

Best regards,
Theo

+++

Hi Theo,

You have got this at a steal believe me I got offered over $100 on Ebay and I got Greedy, and thought I can get more on this auction, because I saw past results.
Anyway, please send me $14 dollars, 4 plus my Handling fees to my paypal account same e-mail and I will push the name to you immediately you can always check my 97 Plus positive feedbacks and auctions on ebay, under rockisco.
Regards
Charles

+++

Hi Charles,

The auction price is what I pay, that's $4. There is no handling fee because all you have to do is push it to an existing account with GoDaddy.

Thanks,
Theo

+++

I always charge a $10 handling fee on all my auctions check ebay you can go and check for yourself whether you buy one or a lot of a 100 I charge $10. If you do not want it I will be glad to take it back.

+++

Charles,

This is not ebay, you need to read the rules. If you are renegging on the sale I will make sure you get banned on DNF.

Thanks,
Theo

+++

Where in the rules it say that I can not charge a handling fee for completing the sale?

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"Rockisco" - PLEASE just honor the agreement and save your reputation on DNForum! It's a free "push" for crying out loud. IMO, 2003 is being more than reasonable ... and I'm sure most here would agree.
Let's see this transaction completed ASAP today. :)
Take care. Be :cool:

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
[*EDITED*] My Mistake. It Happens! :)

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Rockisco has zero posts during 3 weeks he's been a member, I think that's an example of someone who simply uses DNF to pull off stunts like this, with no intention of contributing to it as a member of the community.

I am not pissed at not getting the domain but it's a matter of principle.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Frankly, I can't ban Rockisco for his actions on this past auction.
Deep within these threads someone asked me if a seller could charge transfer fees. I said no. It wasn't until I saw a thread complaining about Rockisco's fees that I added the rule.

I think it's best that no transaction occur and neither the buyer or seller be penalized for not completing the transactions.

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Since the rule was added after the first such occurance, that means he still attempted to charge a transfer fee AFTER the rules changed.

markcw

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just for the record... here is the compressed text of the emails I had with rockisco after the auction for 1shop247.com.

me: i won 1shop247.com in auction. Where do i send the $5 and how is it transfered?

Hello, Congratulations, please pay to my paypal (se this email address) an amount of 15 Dollars which covers the auction and the handling charge. I will e-mail the transfer confirmation.

me: what handling charge chief? - show me the weblink about a handling charge?

That is my handling charge, I charge it on all my auctions check my ebay auctions under rockisco. This domain name has been also paid for a year that is $9 alone, believe me you got it at a steal, I am an idiot I got offered a 100 dollars for it from an ebayer and I rejected it, thinking I would get a higher price on this auction, so Believe me if you do not want it I would be glad to take it back.

me: The domain is yours... since the auction at http://www.dnforum.com/ does not state you can add additional charges.

I am sorry it does not say that I can not add handling charge either I feel bad but that is how I have been operating I have over 100 positive.

me: sorry... no service charge will be paid.

I am so sorry, Good luck

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr
Deep within these threads someone asked me if a seller could charge transfer fees. I said no. It wasn't until I saw a thread complaining about Rockisco's fees that I added the rule.

I think it's best that no transaction occur and neither the buyer or seller be penalized for not completing the transactions.

Hmmmm.....

Yeah I knew we had 'unofficially' agreed on it a while back - and I knew the rule was now 'official' - but I was not aware you had just added it to the list.

So Rockisco indeed deserves a break on this one. I think your idea about calling these particular sales off (as long as all parties agree) is a fair one. Nobody should be penalized in this case.

It is now 'official' though - and posted on the auction rules page - so hopefully there will be no more misunderstandings about this rule in the future.

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am sorry but I think this kind of judgement 'by guessing' does not give a good name to those that enforce the rules. Either she's pregnant or she's not, there is no in-between.

Personally, I am not going to bid at the auction for domains whose owner does not have a good 50 posts prior to the auction. And since I've seen that many of the domains are again by 0-posters, their loss not mine.

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

the buyer?

That was a good one.

Look, the guy's a scammer. You said that deadbeats will be booted. You don't boot this guy, you open the bags of Aeolus.

I mean, why should I take the auction seriously now? I will bid and then say that I did not mean to bid. Or, I will put a name on sale and then ask for $200 on transfer/admin/paypal/massage fees.

Give me a break with the double standards!

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by 2003

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

the buyer?

That was a good one.

Look, the guy's a scammer. You said that deadbeats will be booted. You don't boot this guy, you open the bags of Aeolus.

I mean, why should I take the auction seriously now? I will bid and then say that I did not mean to bid. Or, I will put a name on sale and then ask for $200 on transfer/admin/paypal/massage fees.

Give me a break with the double standards!

Get this through your thick skull. The rule was added after the auction. If you don't like what I've done, leave. Don't bid. Don't list and shut up.

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Gregr, your reply will go to my signature, right now. I can't believe that you support crooks and cheaters!

AFTER WHICH AUCTION WAS THE RULE ADDED?

The one I won?

No. It was added the previous time that this idiot placed domains on auction.

And call me names? You are a little man.

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
>The rule was added yesterday idiot.

Apparently you are the idiot, for claiming that it was always in place. You owe me an apology Mr gregr for calling me names.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NamePopper.com

Yeah I knew we had 'unofficially' agreed on it a while back - and I knew the rule was now 'official' - but I was not aware you had just added it to the list.

So Rockisco indeed deserves a break on this one. I think your idea about calling these particular sales off (as long as all parties agree) is a fair one. Nobody should be penalized in this case.

It is now 'official' though - and posted on the auction rules page - so hopefully there will be no more misunderstandings about this rule in the future.

I take full responsibilty for this.

It's true that most people here (out of courtesy and common sense) do not attempt to charge any extra fees - and it's also true that we said we didn't want people doing that. However - it was not 'official' until yesterday.

I'm the one who started this thread because I was trying to look after our members. However - as I stated in the quote above - I did not realize the rule had just now become 'official'.

If anybody is to blame for feelings being hurt here - it is me!

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
This is bullshit.

I can't believe this man who owns this forum misrepresents HONEST buyers and sellers and supports CROOKS and CHEATERS!

I demand an apology for calling me an idiot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom