• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Running in the adidas Dublin Marathon ... seeking help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottatmu

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
May 23, 2002
Messages
1,180
Reaction score
2
Hey fellow DNFers ...

I am training to participate in adidas Dublin Marathon this October in Dublin, Ireland as a member of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training. All of us on Team In Training are raising funds to help stop leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma and myeloma from taking more lives. I'm completing this event in honor of all individuals who are battling blood cancers. These people are the real heroes on our team, and we need your support to cross the ultimate finish line - a cure!

I've never been to Dublin nor competed in any running event over a 5K, so this should defintely be an eye-opening experience.

So, on to the "help" part of this post ... I've setup a webpage through the society (removed No fundraising) to keep people informed of my progress, etc. with the training and the marathon itself ... but more importantly there is a donation section on the website to request donations for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society ... these donations go straight to the society ... and also help in my participation in the marathon itself. So if you are in the generous mood, the society (and myself) defintely would be appreciative of any donation you could give.

Also, for those people out there who want to help a great cause but also open up another avenue of advertising for your websites, they have a corporate sponsorship donation program that would allow you to donate a certain amount (min. $500 I believe) which will get your logo on the participants t-shirts, newsletters, magazines, etc. If you are interested in that, let me know and I can send you the info. I'm considering making one of these donations from my company.

Thanks ...

Scott

PS ... yes, that is me on the left in the photo!
 
18. No charity/fundraising posts. Too many scams. You may have a well know charity in your signature, that is it.
 
Sorry about that ... I've been at DNF so long I must have forgotten to read the posts .. .you can close this topic ... again ... I'm sorry about that.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom