• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Sale trend and buying strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.
le formula sil vous plait. I got $80k to get back.
 
As you may imagine I am not going to give you the exact formula for MANY reasons.
What I can say it's that's ONLY based on the metrics I given you above and that I hope soon it will also incorporate an additional metric, the "commercial value".
 
( Gin + Vodka )^ 2 + Orange Juice / ice
 
Acroplex is one of my best valuation fan, plus he is allways very funny!
 
I don't get any of this after reading many posts and more than 1 thread.

What in the world is cyber saying when he say's he sells his names for always more than $100,000?

How many has he sold for a high 100k plus? Which ones? Where does he sell them at, and how?
 
Trader,

There is some limit to my confesions.
Most of my sales are private and I am not going to deliver you all my secrets.

Just think about:
Who can spend so much money to buy domains?
Which benefit a end user can get?
Who take the decision of such purchases?
Who should you motivate to reach the decision maker?
...

Just a tip:
Look at these vertical niches with high bids, high competition, ...
Advertisers bidding here are the POTENTIAL clients of generic domains based on popular keywords.

Another tip:
People don't pay for branding, they pay for traffic (as Rick Swarchz have repeated many times in his blog).
Traffic, traffic, traffic...

...
 
I don't get any of this after reading many posts and more than 1 thread.

What in the world is cyber saying when he say's he sells his names for always more than $100,000?

How many has he sold for a high 100k plus? Which ones? Where does he sell them at, and how?

its a paradox
 
Thank you for sharing.

People do pay for branding. However, increasingly traffic has become a more favorable factor. It's easier when it's more of a 'numbers' evaluation.

'brandable' requires more expertise, as it's harder to know what image a potential buyer wants to create with the brand. A buyer is interested in a domain starting with the keyword 'evidence', but whether he'd go for a domain like evidenceclean.com or evidencescout.com, it's hard to say.
 
People don't pay for branding, they pay for traffic (as Rick Swarchz have repeated many times in his blog).
Traffic, traffic, traffic...

Who buys traffic? People buy revenue, they buy income or they buy a branded/brandable name. They rarely buy traffic. We all learned in the 90s that traffic don't mean shit if it can't be turned into income.
 
Companies will buy targeted traffic - like through Adwords using specific keywords. The revenue comes from the traffic. But traffic quality is highly variable. In a sense, if you buy a generic type-in domain you are really buying the targetted traffic that comes with it, and if you can successfully develop a related site around the domain, all the better. Look in the domains wanted section and see how many are looking for domains with traffic, xxx visits per month, etc.
 
cyber

if you can start a thread here on DNf without mentioning your service in the post, just one time, then maybe i and others won't continue to take it as a another "self-serving" attempt to promote your site.

perhaps then you could get some answers.

just my opinion!

I agree 100%, and you could also learn better English.
 
Rockefeller,

Thanks, as usual, very interesting comments.

...


Traffic. I am talking about targetted traffic as you may imagine.
For domains in the pool (a) the keyword for which the domain is top ranked is a keyword of interest for the buyer business.
And for pool (b) the keyword is included within the domain name.
For both cases we are talking about keywords having a high search popularity and commercial value.

Generally for end users the norm is buying a brandable to launch a new service and a generic to get targetted traffic to an existing site, through a gateway, through a redirect, ...

By the way around half of the time I had to include for a month an html code in the site for sale so the buyer can verify the quantity and quality of the traffic.
We are in front of people that don't buy compulsively, don't buy because they find your name nice, or by ego, ...
No, their ROI should be positive and they want to ensure it should be the case.
The domain they purchase is just another advertising channel.
Generally the buying order has been fired by the director of marketing and not the CEO.
Well, I deliver another of my little tip: This is the person you need to motivate.

...
 
Cybertonic I want to ask a question , I am not experienced as the others here but learning ( just to give an idea the highest amount I took from a domains sale is 60 usd) , but the system is going and I am collecting ones that I'll never sell under 2.5K , for some semi-generic ones I am using the method you mentioned(seo to the top).
But there is a problem , I feel guilty :worried: , cause people comes to my emulated site and find nothing some keywords and a jpg telling them this domain is for sale but generally %99 of them did not came to this place for that.I feel bad about taking their time but putting some content and maybe some google ads would take so much time.
I had the same feelings for the parkings but I recovered from that :D
What do you think of this ? Do you have a solution ?
And also do you put a form for the potential buyers to contact you or just an email is enough ?

They may have several hyphens, numbers, be very long, be really ugly, ...
They are small sites (generally only with SEO content) that are top ranked for a keyword where there is a lot of advertising competition.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom