Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Secure names??? Opinions

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hi all,

I am looking at getting an ssl certificate for my server and whilst thinking of a secure domain to put it against i came up with (and got) these names...

1024SSL.com
1024Secure.com
1024SecureSSL.com
Secure1024.com

do you think these were a good buy and depending on the one i keep do you think i could make any cash on the others...

c'mon everybody dont be shy I want all opinions good/bad

Thanks in advance

Ciqala :D

Domain summit 2024

alldig

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the 1024 kills every one of those names

MaadMaax

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i think 1024 is the bit key encryption the registrant is thinking of when he registered it?

128Bit
512Bit
etc..

But the question is why do you need a special domain name for your SSL? Can't you use your current one?

F

Frenchie

I suppose that the company(ies) creating a 1024 SSL encryption would like to promote and/or sell its(their) system(s) to potential users. Would he(they) be interested to buy such site? Why not to ask him/them? And why not to register a 2048 SSL in prevision of future potential developments (if realistic)?

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well as i run my own server if i have a secure domain i can give all my customers access to it and it gives them the impression its more secure (than say every other secure site :) )

but 1024 is the strongest strength so to those looking at secure services i thought i may be a good idea

especially 1024securessl

plus 1-O-2-4 secure rolls off the tongue quite well

and good idea about the 2048 ;)

thanks for the input guys looking for some more from anyone

cheers

Ciqala

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ciqala

... there are better names out there. The average customer would not know what they mean. Keep lookin'

Good luck!

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
aactive i think these domains would be aimed at those in the specific market for ssl certificates. which in its own right is on the technical end of the spectrum. those who know what they are looking for and want the highest encryption would choose 1024bit thus 1024ssl is a clear-cut name...

I see where everyone is coming from but from being in this particular market at the moment myself I have seen a lot of ssl domains that are a lot worse than these...

if you search google for ssl 1024 the sponsored links from the sites with a lot of money to throw around on advertising are not too different in their names from these...

i'm not saying anyone is wrong with their opinions on these but i just wanted to explain my thinking behind the names.

thanks for your time everyone

any more opinions are appreciated.

Ciqala

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators