• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

SEDO's prepared responses - Let's help them create better ones!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniperPark

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2003
Messages
2,909
Reaction score
91
This post is in this forum, not the PPC Sedo forum because it is about buying/selling *nothing* to do with PPC.

At TRAFFIC Silicon Valley last month I discussed with Matt that the 'canned responses' of communication between buyers/sellers is a good concept, but way too shortsighted. There is the option to type your own and wait as long as 4 days (depending on holidays/weekends) for Sedo to approve your comment, but as most of you know the buyer is often long gone by then.

Here are the existing responses:
1) This is my final offer.
2) I have previously received higher offers.
3) I am also negotiating with other sedo users.
4) Send Appraisal Value to Other Party!*
5) I am earning more than this with Sedo parking*
6) Send traffic stats to other party!*

As a buyer and seller with over 1,100 domain transactions under my belt, I have some opinions on these.

1) Great!
2) pointless, possibly taken as insult.
3) Not sure what this really means -- that the seller's countoffer is not binding for 7 days? If that's what it means, say so.
4) I don't know anyone who relies on appraisals
5) OK - but PPC earnings are not the only factor in domain pricing
6) Ok

They used to have "please justify your asking price" which I found to be rather insulting and a waste of time. I've had offers of $10 (after Sedo fees) for names like RNR.com and Divorce.info, with the "please justify your asking price" message.

SO... Matt asked for suggestions, so let's give him some!

A) This is a high value keyword phrase with OVT bids over $5 per click
B) A similar name recently sold for $xx,xxx. Please see DnJournal.com
C) We are close to an agreement - I have met you halfway on price
D) This name is at eNom, immediate ownership transfer when payment clears
E) This counteroffer is binding for only 24 hours due to other interest.
F) Note: This name may have TM issues - we disagree


Others??
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom