Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Sedo's "request invoice" feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have you guys at Sedo ever reconsidered the feature that a buyer can request an invoice after buying a domain name on Sedo?

First of all, the buyer makes payment to Sedo, not to the individual seller. Therefore Sedo should be the one providing the receipt/invoice to the buyer and not the seller.

Why? .. -

Well, Sedo asks you to include the full amount (incl. commission) on the invoice and that is the reason why sellers shouldn't be providing this invoice in the first place.

E.g: If I sell a domain for $2,000 on Sedo, then I get $1,800 net from Sedo after their 10% ($200) commission fee has been deducted. When Sedo release their payment to me, I get a receipt from PayPal (or my bank) which says $1,800, not $2,000. This is the receipt I hand to my accountant and the receipt he use to calculate taxes and income.

On the other hand; when I create an invoice for the buyer, I use the same application as I use when making invoices for my customers (I run a small tech support biz). All those invoices are numbered and therefore I must turn them all in to my accountant. Now, according to this invoice, the buyer has paid me $2,000 for the domain and not $1,800, which is the actual amount I am paid. This causes confusion and if I do not accordingly make notes to my accountant, telling him to subtract the commission fee from that particular invoice, I will get an additional $200 USD income which results in paying taxes for $200 I never made.

On top of that; - the buyer may even request this invoice/receipt before you receive payment from Sedo. In this case I was instructed to provide the receipt to the buyer before Sedo released my payment!

Why is this a problem? Well, if something goes wrong with the transaction and the buyer ends up not buying the domain, he still has a receipt from me which clearly states that he has paid me $2,000 for the domain, in which he can at a later time claim, since he has obviously made payment for this particular domain.

I think Sedo should consider removing this feature and instead provide every buyer with a receipt after payment has been made to Sedo. At least don't make it possible for the buyer to get a receipt before the seller receives payment from Sedo.. :sigh2:

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem you have.
My accountant still ask me this and I only can respond him "Sedo works like this... :(

This is A BIG PROBLEM.

For us Europeans the problem is bigger.

I think Acro have a solution for this...I really hope...

T

tekz999

Sedo should give both invoice to buyer, and payment receipt to seller. Seller do not give invoice to buyer. If seller give invoice to buyer, then why seller need sedo? Then seller don't need sedo. It is like seller and buyer pay sedo escrow fee, and work for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators