Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed Sex.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

domainicanicanica

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Of course I don't own it, but I am interested in the appraisal valuations given here.

Pretend there is NO web site attached to the name. Then, based on whatever formulas you use, give your best ballpark value as to how much you think it's worth in TODAY'S market.

If you want, provide an explanation for your methodology.

Let me start the ball rolling by giving it a value of $3 Million.

Anyone else?

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd say minimum $50 million based on information I've seen.

The previous owner was making upwards of $3 million per month just pointing the domain at affiliate programs.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by domainicanicanica

If you want, provide an explanation for your methodology.

Maybe this will put things into perspective. If you owned a product that everyone from time to time thinks about or uses, and you were the only person that made it...How much would that product be worth??

Since this product is sold world wide, and can be purchased 24/7. I would say this product is extremely valuable.

My guess is: $250 million

Rarely will you find a product you can "make" with such little overhead, costs compared to revenue are minimal, and the "exclusivity factor" all make this a one-of-a-kind cash cow.

izopod

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am curious as to how many of you have ever thought: Why the frick didn't I think about buying Sex.com when the registration was FREE!!!

Talk about capital gains!!!

Who-Wiz

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izopod
I am curious as to how many of you have ever thought: Why the frick didn't I think about buying Sex.com when the registration was FREE!!!Talk about capital gains!!!

It was taken? Even more of a question, why didn't anyone else pick up F---.com last year for $8.95?

Answer: There can only be one.

:)

~ D.

FineE

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Actually this one is easy to evaluate. As a develped site it gets 500,000 hits a day, that is what they claim. It is basically an adult pay search engine.

At $0.05 (my guess) a vist that is $25,000 a day or about $10,000,000 a year. As for a site valuation I say $30,000,000 to $100,000,000. With the latter in a "good" market.

The domain by its self undeveloped more like $10,000,000 - $25,000,000

On thing to keep in mind is a well capitalized competitor in the adult search business could eat into thier market if they do a better job, just like with non adult search engines. I would check out sex.tv when it opens in October for example.

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
BY FAR THE MOST VALUABLE DOMAIN NAME EVER !!!!!

appraised in 1999 to be at least $65 million (with its business ofcourse)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators