• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Sex Preditors right next door!

Status
Not open for further replies.
andy, why is there a dot on your house? thats insane..this is becoming an epidemic.
 
too many sex offenders and not enough bullets..

(mine only holds 17 +1) lol
 
too many sex offenders and not enough bullets..

(mine only holds 17 +1) lol

Oh there is enough bullets..just not enough people willing to hunt.
 
When my boy was born a few months ago you can be damn sure I went to that site to find out who was living near me. Fortunately everybody was a few blocks away and it was just some low-life types, no serious convictions.

Made me think though, what a despicable society we find ourselves in today where you have to think about who might be watching you when you take your baby out for a stroll. I have no idea why we have been so soft on sex offenders. We often let the child molestors out of prison knowing darn well that some poor inoccent child will probably pay a heavy price for our leniency. I have an even bigger concern that in 10 years we will have heard about it so much that we will be numb to it. We will just accept that as something bad that goes on in society...until it happens to our family.
 
I don't want to even show the south florida map....it's like solid dots ;(
 
I just checked mine as well.... it's a mad world... when I have a son or daughter, I will teach them domaining so they can stay stay home and stare at a computer for hours
 
I just checked mine as well.... it's a mad world... when I have a son or daughter, I will teach them domaining so they can stay stay home and stare at a computer for hours

Same Here
 
Just decided to take a quick look at how many sexual predators were located around my house...

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/9332/baltimorecrimego3.jpg

Unfortunately, the religious wackos got involved with the "sexual predators" label, making it pretty much useless. Pretty much ANY sex related crime gives that person the lable for lifetime. I see from the replies that most people assume these are pedophiles -- generally that's not the case. It's more likely someone arrested for one of these:

- Prostitution (selling or buying)
- Being at a strip bar (dancer or customer) when a raid occures (touching or someone had alcohol)
- Caught having sex (even oral) in a parked car. (that's "public")
- Caught having sex during high school years ("rape" in most states)

So it's not as bad as you might think.

What you SHOULD be concerned about is the location of churches -- the Catholic Church has a long, long history of hiring and harboring child molestors, and to this day refuses to create a church policy of turning over child molestors to police and testifying against them. Children should never be left along near a church.
 
Unfortunately, the religious wackos got involved with the "sexual predators" label, making it pretty much useless. Pretty much ANY sex related crime gives that person the lable for lifetime. I see from the replies that most people assume these are pedophiles -- generally that's not the case. It's more likely someone arrested for one of these:

- Prostitution (selling or buying)
- Being at a strip bar (dancer or customer) when a raid occures (touching or someone had alcohol)
- Caught having sex (even oral) in a parked car. (that's "public")
- Caught having sex during high school years ("rape" in most states)

So it's not as bad as you might think.

What you SHOULD be concerned about is the location of churches -- the Catholic Church has a long, long history of hiring and harboring child molestors, and to this day refuses to create a church policy of turning over child molestors to police and testifying against them. Children should never be left along near a church.

Once again i agree with you Juniper.
Any paedophile should be hung drawn & quartered though.
The Labour gov. in England has followed suit with the US & pretty much if you're shagging your girlfriend in the back of the car in a deserted backwater & the police catch you, theoretically you could go on the sex offender register. crazy.(as a teenager it's the only place you can normally go with your girlfriend :yes: )(also, ypou haven't lived if you haven't done this ;) )
i haven't even clicked the link as i'm pretty sure we still protect the sex offenders more than the kids in the uk. we don't have the megans law (sorry if i got the name wrong)
problem being, too sex offenders are in politics, the church & the police.
funny that
:sigh2:

nb: the irony is not lost on me that i am 'Predator' lol
 
Unfortunately, the religious wackos got involved with the "sexual predators" label, making it pretty much useless. Pretty much ANY sex related crime gives that person the lable for lifetime. I see from the replies that most people assume these are pedophiles -- generally that's not the case. It's more likely someone arrested for one of these:

- Prostitution (selling or buying)
- Being at a strip bar (dancer or customer) when a raid occures (touching or someone had alcohol)
- Caught having sex (even oral) in a parked car. (that's "public")
- Caught having sex during high school years ("rape" in most states)

So it's not as bad as you might think.

I'm a criminal defense investigator and have seen a guy get put on the registry for basically slapping a girls ass.

It is a joke.
 
My father taught me 'justice is seldom within the law, and the law is even more rarely anything to do with justice'. It is strange that in our 'civilized societies' (thinking UK and USA here) that we protect those who hurt the innocent more than we protect the innocent from those who would hurt them, and our politicians tell us this is civilized!

Just the other night I watched a program here in the UK about have-a-go heros. A Home Office Minister was asked what should a person do if they saw an old lady being beaten by a yob (youth)? His answer was 'call the police and don't interfere'.:upset: Well I have news for him, I like most other men wouldn't even be bothered with phoning the Police, 'we' would be too busy 'using minimal force required' (;) :lol:) to defend the old lady. (The joke behind this is this Minister expects to get re-elected!)

So until the time our politicians realise the law is there to protect the innocent we are on a downward spirral, liberalism is brilliant if those in society all accept the rules.

By the way save on the bullets, you don't need them.

Pred, I totally agree about hang, draw and quartering! I wonder if this was law if the number of offenders would reduce?:smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin:
 
As mentioned above, if some guy stumbles outside of a bar, takes a pee in the alley, and is nailed for indecent exposure, then he goes into the "sex criminal" database.

The closest "sexual predator" to where I live is a guy who was arrested for mooning someone.

Some states have expanded the definition of "sex crime" to the point of uselessness as a criterion for obtaining practical information from these types of databases.

My children don't need to be protected from a guy who took a whiz in an alley at 2 AM five years ago.
 
Pred, I totally agree about hang, draw and quartering! I wonder if this was law if the number of offenders would reduce?

Saw a show where a guy was arguing we have to be careful not to make punishments overly harsh for child sex offenders. He said if punishments were seen as cruel by sex offenders, they would be more likely to kill their victims so they wouldn't be around as witnesses.
Typical liberal logic. Always want to give the bad guys incentives instead of punishments.

I agree the registration system has become somewhat worthless with all that they include. That's why I looked at specific offenses when I checked out my neighborhood.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom