Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
  • You must be a member of DNForum for a minimum of 30 days and have contributed to the community prior to being allowed to post an offer or create a new discussion of an affiliate program. This notice will disappear when your account is eligible.

You may also contact support if you feel you are receiving this message in error.
Domain summit 2024

Shady Affiliate program

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiffy

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just joined an affiliate program from a very popular company. I have never seen this before and I believe their seo tactics are very shady. Tell me if I'm wrong. They told me it was in their policy to include an invisible iframe to their site for seo purposes.

Their statistics page is so shitty too that it only tracks clicks and doesn't show revenue. When I asked for help reading their stats table the affiliate manager told me to do the math my self. He told me to multiply the cpc x #of leads...I have never seen anything like this.

The program is yellowpages.travel

Anyone have any suggestions of a similar program with better payout/stats

Last edited by a moderator:

sags

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just joined an affiliate program from a very popular company. I have never seen this before and I believe their seo tactics are very shady. Tell me if I'm wrong. They told me it was in their policy to include an invisible iframe to their site for seo purposes.

Their statistics page is so shitty too that it only tracks clicks and doesn't show revenue. When I asked for help reading their stats table the affiliate manager told me to do the math my self. He told me to multiply the cpc x #of leads...I have never seen anything like this.

The program is http://www.yellowpages.travel/

Anyone have any suggestions of a similar program with better payout/stats

I clicked on that link and got a warning for a Trojan-downloader. Froze the computer and had to reboot and run software to clean the virus.

Not funny..............

sags

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
whoa sorry man. I had no idea that would happen.

No problem. The comment wasn't directed at you, but the website.

Given your join date, I didn't think you would be involved.

Just a warning to others, unless it is was just a freak thing or the website is playing games as you already questioned their business practices.

Best virus check your computer though, if you have been on that site.

Have a good one :)

HarveyJ

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
iFraming isn't that uncommon, although it's not for SEO purposes. That part is pure bullshit. If anything, it'll negatively affect their SEO because Google's spiders do look for iframes and the ones that are less than >2px are simply assumed to be cookie stuffers.

The purpos eof the iframe is to drop a cookie though.
Whether it's their own for tracking, or someone else's for their own affiliate marketing is the question.

You can get software to keep track of cookies on your system in real time.
I recommend getting one of them, clearing out your cache and browsing history, then loading the sites and seeing what the cropped cookies are for.

Anyway, don't let this sour you on affiliate marketing. It's a great way of monetizing domains and built out sites. There are plenty of reputable companies out there with a good history of helping people monetize, such as [shamelessplug] Affiliation Cash [/shameless plug].
If you've got questions, you're welcome to PM or email me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom