• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Should I file a claim and request a refund at Paypal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

duskdawn

DN.CC
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2005
Messages
610
Reaction score
1
Hi fellow domainers,
I bought a domain, actually two bundled domains here at DNF 1 mo ago for $xx.
The sale was at "Traffic domain" section since the seller claimed it had 675 uniques in the first 6 days of Feb at sedo.
However, after I bought it, I spent 1 month testing different parking places like ND, DS and sedo, the traffic was 10 first 3-5 days and then became 4-5 and now almost none.
I pmed him for an explanation and no response until now. I know it is a confirmed sale but I also think it is a kind of fraud if the seller boost the traffic with several cheap bucks before the sale and sell it as a traffic domain.
$xx is not a big deal to me but I just couldn't let this happen in this professional forum. I wonder if I should claim a refund at paypal and if I can get my money back at paypal or it is better to file a claim here through DNF.
Thank you all for your kind help.
FYI, the domains are going to expire on 21st of this month, so I have to make it set since after I let it drop, I have nothing to base on.
 
Yes, they falsified the traffic stats. I wouldn't worry about Paypal. They will deny the claim because it is considered a "virtual item." If you were to do a dispute you could go through your card company. I would try what MrDude suggested above. If it was me I would take my loss and move on at the same time learn from your mistake. If it was more than $xx it would be a different story.
 
And warn us whom you bought it from so we in the future cant fall victim to whom it was.
 
Yes,

Tell us who is it..
 
Had this happen to me before.... Paypal is useless for this type of thing as others have said.
 
MrDude said:
And warn us whom you bought it from so we in the future cant fall victim to whom it was.

If you check up his iTrader feedback from Feb 7 you'll know :)
 
hookah said:
If you check up his iTrader feedback from Feb 7 you'll know :)
You are smart!:wink:
I have filed a dispute at support forum here. No response until now.
 
Well, I guess all my issues were ignored. By Mods and the seller.
 
So who can? That's the only one to submit a dispute right?
:(...
 
duskdawn said:
You are smart!:wink:
I have filed a dispute at support forum here. No response until now.

hookah said:
If you check up his iTrader feedback from Feb 7 you'll know :)

Based on that the person isn't "verifed" so I don't think the "dispute" section is applicable??

jim
http://www.dnforum.com/dnfverified.php
The purpose of the verification process is to reduce the likelihood of an issue between verified members.

In the event of a dispute between 2 verified parties, you can fill out the form located at:

Disputes Forum
 
Mr. Deleted said:
you are correct, he was not verified

Meaning "dispute" section is not applicable??

jim
 
I see, so I think Dispute is only for verified members. Correct me if I was wrong.
But anyway, thanks.
 
Post in people to avoid dealings with then?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom