• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Shrimp.com - 1.2 million

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting name, however I think he ate some bad shellfish and was hallucinating at the moment that he came up with that price.
 
And we were just thinking about cooking some shrimp tonight..
 
Bet you could get shrimps.com for 1/2 that. :laugh:
 
Tasty. I eat a lot of shrimp myself...

I think I've got another one that's good for a laugh.

Check out Forms.com - $3.65 million. (at least it comes with a US Patent).
I'm not actually sure how the patent is valid since millions are already using the technology he seems to claim to have a patent on. Then again, I'm not a lawyer.

Here's another one to digest...

Insurances.com - Asking price $1.25 million!
 
Well, it seems he isn't selling it at 1.2 mill -

1.2 million US at 0% interest for up to 15 years or buy now at 700,000 US
1 to 3 year lease for 5,000 a month

It looks like you can take it off his hands for $700,000.
 
Don't know anything about the market with our friends up north, but it has long seemed to me that we like shrimp enough in the US for $700k and $x,xxx,xxx. Fish.com sold rather low imo, so maybe some aftereffects of that sale are in play?
 
Well does it get any revenue or traffic? If so then yes it might be worth it depeneding on how much traffic or income.

'' Also I just ate shrimp like 10 minutes ago lol ''

Skys The Limit$
 
What's 1.2M anymore, anyway?
These days, when you fire a CEO of a big
company his severance pay is more than that.
Just to boot him out the door.

Seriously though, in the business world that's not
really a lot of money anymore. For example, the
oil and gas companies made billions in net income
in 2005. Maybe Bubba Gump will come knocking on his door...
 
DotComGod said:
This guy is out of his tree.

check: http://www.shrimp.com

He is serious to, he emailed me to ask if I would be interested.

-=DCG=-

I just regged eShrimps.com, maybe I'll offer it to him for 1% of what he's asking for his domain.
 
Jan US OVT 36666 shrimp

This is very low considering that shrimps is a term used mainly in America.
 
isn't 'shrimp' the type of fish? and fish .com supposedly sold for 1 million.

the guy is obviously reading the 'industry news'..

so what's the problem? ;)
 
The main term is seafood:

Searches done in January 2006
Count Search Term
545514 seafood
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom