• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale Sibername Push $15...in Case You Didn't Know

jaydub

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2004
Messages
5,852
Reaction score
546
I asked via Sibername support today how to push a domain to another user when I sell one that is reg'd with them. I have never sold one that is reg'd with them so I wanted to know ...in case.
I don't mind saying I was more than surprised to receive the following response....

Please let us know the email address you wish to move your domain name so that we can do it for you.
But, it's not meaning the ownership change. If you would like the transfer the ownership of the domain name as well, please follow the steps below,
1) In order for the new Registrant to manage the domain name through our web site, we need a new user created at xxxxxxxx
2) Please obtain the Auth - Code for the domain name through our Domain manager at xxxxxx
Click on the domain and find the Auth-Code menu item on the top;
3) There is a cost of $15.00 per domain name for the change of Registrant.
It can be paid at xxxxxxxx
-----------------------------------
When I followed up they offered to do it for free "this time"
If you would like to keep the domain with us, we can change the registrant details free of cost this time. Normally it costs $15 CAD..

It is a nice gesture but not a long term solution.

Please don't misunderstand. They aren't doing anything underhanded.
It just seems like a flawed business model where it takes more time to push, as "support" has to do it, rather than using you domain management.... and it is $15 to push when you can transfer away for less and get a years added to your expiry....and transfers are quick and ez-pz with .ca these days.

I'm just sayin'...in case you didn't know this

Jim
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom