Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

cctld Sibername wants $75 per hour to send me my EPP Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I asked Sibername to please email me my domains and EPP codes and thre reply was:
======================================================

Hi Adam,

You can retrieve it through the domain manager. If you want us to spend time on it we charge $75.00 service fee for the each hour of time to be spent .

Please do not hesitate to reply to this ticket if you have more questions or problems;

MBT
So this basically says go get them yourself one by one or pay us $75 and hour to get them.

Did the same thing with 2 other regsistrars and they emailed me them right away.

The result will be I will get them one by one and transfer all out of Sibername, but this is not good customer service.

Adam

Vincent

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
siber knows its free for everyone else. Not for Adam.

Vincent

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
how many domains do you have at the company?

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They also charge you $25 to pull a name out of redemption. There is no fee to them from CIRA so thats another pure cash grab.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sure, but for a limited time for only $4.99 more they will rub themselves with oil before they spend time on your domains. :uhoh:

I asked Sibername to please email me my domains and EPP codes and thre reply was:

Hi Adam,

You can retrieve it through the domain manager. If you want us to spend time on it we charge $75.00 service fee for the each hour of time to be spent .

Please do not hesitate to reply to this ticket if you have more questions or problems;

MBT
So this basically says go get them yourself one by one or pay us $75 and hour to get them.

Did the same thing with 2 other regsistrars and they emailed me them right away.

The result will be I will get them one by one and transfer all out of Sibername, but this is not good customer service.

Adam

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just renewed and pushed domains in redemption at namespro- didn't cost anything extra. Ready.ca and dot-ca-registry.ca also don't charge extra for redemption domains.

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That sucks Adam, just fyi

A registrar is not allowed to charge for the retrieval of authorization codes, a simple email to CIRA customer care would have them contact the registrar and the are required to provide them to you within 5 business days. I'm not positive on the # of days but I believe it is 5.

I also believe there are rules against charging extra in redemption grace period, I don't have the manual here so I can't be certain on that one. The procedure is exactly the same no matter what the status of the domain is so any company doing so is using it as a cash grab.

Happy Thanks Giving!

Jay

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It takes one minute to run an SQL query so $1.25 for their service is a fair price imo :p
How many domains are we talking about ? For a large number you could make a script the automated the retrieval of the auth codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators