• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Sir Richard Branson Pledges $3 Billion

  • Thread starter Thread starter H2FC
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

H2FC

Guest
Sir Richard Branson pledges $3 billion to tackle global warming.

http://www.abc.net.au/worldtoday/content/2006/s1746471.htm

When a private billionaire pledges 1/2 of his fortune toward the global warming fight it should make all domainers sit up and take notice. I believe the alternate energy domain names will be in the forefront before long and there are many good ones still available for registration. Think hydrogen fuelcells (H2 and FC).

I read in the news yesterday that the Bush adminstration is getting ready to make an announcement that changes their long time skepticism on global warming. When this happens...and I'm almost certain it will before the Presidential election, the alternate energy names will get a big boost in value.

I would like to hear some comments on this subject....thanks and good luck.
 
That pledge is actually an investment, so it's not exactly a philanthropy type donation. It's a good cause and obviously one which he believes has strong potential for ROI.
 
That pledge is actually an investment, so it's not exactly a philanthropy type donation. It's a good cause and obviously one which he believes has strong potential for ROI.
yes...I agree and Branson admits its actually an investment in helping to solve the global warming problem but I think its very noteworthy that a private person such as him is willing to spend so much of his own profits for such a cause. It has to be viewed as a philanthropy type endeavor because how else could one explain why he would do such a thing?

I'm sure he has many self-benefiting motives but making money in the near term cannot possibly be one of them. I just hope that many others in his position will do the same thing.
 
this is a game of the rich people. Even when bill gates donates to some charity he will be getting more money back indirectly. this is how it has been working.
 
Branson is doing this through his new business venture Virgin Fuels.So not only from an environmental point of view but of course an economical point of view i hope this really takes off!
 
Branson is doing this through his new business venture Virgin Fuels,and i just happen to have gotten virginfools.com ! So not only from an environmental point of view but of course an economical point of view i hope this really takes off!

May I respectfully suggest that you edit your post. I am not offended by it, but others will be...




[the above domain virginfools.com is not an actual quote and has been edited for privacy reasons]
 
He might benefit, but someone has to put up the money for this kind of research. I don't see you detractors doing it.
 
Apparently Branson is looking to make some big bucks on this deal.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5370972.stm

But, that's ok with me as long as it helps to slow down the global warming threat. I personally see this as a serious problem the world is facing and hope that others will follow Branson's lead.

He have already shown more leadership by starting a campaign to reduce co2 emissions from airplanes. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5383908.stm

I wish him well.
 
There is definitely a big ROI for Branson in the long run! This is the game of the rich men! At least his memory and company will remain etched in the minds of a lot of potential customers!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom