• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Site to purchase stocks with low fees?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdk

DNF Addict
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2004
Messages
6,352
Reaction score
28
I am looking to get into stock trading/investing as a side hobby. I want to play around with a couple thousand dollars so I will not be doing a lot of investing.

What I am looking for:

- NO monthly fees
- Low per trade fees
- Low fees for buying and selling

Not sure what else to look for. Like I said I will likely take a grand or two and start out with smaller stocks and play around with them. I will mainly be buying and holding on to them, so one or two purchases a month if that. Maybe 1 sell a month if that.

So far I have found eTrade, any others out there?
 
Try scott trade or ameritrade (may be under a different name now)

There are a couple of others advertising as free or nearly free trades. But I would stick with one that has been around for a while.

Be sure to read conditions closely. Most charge a quarterly account fee. Scott Trade I believe does not.

E-trade offers a ton of services along with stocks and has been very reliable and dependable. But they are ones notorious for fees and for high buy and sell fees.
 
I've used ThinkorSwim.com for the last 5-6 years. Their software is brilliant and fees negligible. It's more designed for options trading, but you can do straight stocks as well.
 
The Hollywood Stock Exchange (www.hsx.com) has a flat- 1% commission fee and commission free from 1PM Sat (EST) to 1PM SUN (EST) each weekend.

Of course, it's all fake money and based on movies.. :)
 
there used to be freetrade.com which was free, now it's $5 per trade.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom