• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Snapnames and Register.com arrangement

Status
Not open for further replies.

fischermx

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2004
Messages
929
Reaction score
5
I know by now several drop catchers have arrangers with registrar to get domains and auctioning them before they are let go to the register.

Does anybody know if Snapnames and Register.com have such arrangement?
 
I know that they did at one time, not sure if they still do though, you should open a ticket at SN and ask.
 
I was in an auction today, for a domain I was monitoring since 2 years ago. It was one of those case where eventhough the domain has expired, it is not released to the deletion cycle.
On thursday the domain suddenly was snapped by snapname an was put to auction. I didn't see that coming, so that's why I was wondering about a deal like this.
Thanks !
 
are you in on the snapnames auction? is it public or private?
 
Most of the time, yes names at register go to snap.

Just caught 2 in the last couple of days from register at snap.

But sometimes, a deleting name at register is caught at Enom.
 
Most of the time, yes names at register go to snap.
Just caught 2 in the last couple of days from register at snap.
But sometimes, a deleting name at register is caught at Enom.

In the kind of agreements I'm talking about, there's no way, no chance a name goes to anywhere else.
The domain is never dropped, it remains its last registration info which usually corresponds to the registrar. It doesn't even lose the creation day, today I got an 8 y/o domain and it still being a 8 y/o domain.

The domain is auctioned while still on the control of the registrar.

I've just received a "Transfer notification" from Register.com. It confirms these cases are not a drop and catch, but merely a change of ownership.

are you in on the snapnames auction? is it public or private?

It was a private auction.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom