Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Aged Backlinks

SnapNames Credit - How Much Do .......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

HHH

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Messages
185
Reaction score
0
Feedback: 20 / 0 / 0
$276

I had not used them in months and just logged in to see the changes.
 

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
May 1, 2002
Messages
866
Reaction score
0
Feedback: 6 / 0 / 0
My snapcredits are exactly equal to what I paid for the snaps (87 at $48.99 each). So, at least Snapnames is being fair about this. My only loss is that I have lost "exclusive" Snap chance on some very good domains, and once in a while I actually caught one. After going for hundreds of 3-letter .com domains with Snapnames, and not having caught one for a couple of years, I actually caught a decent one back in November. The reason that I bought so many Snaps (was up to 200) is that it appeared that they would convert into WLS slots, which would have been fantastic. Oh, well.

Of course, having this big credit and being able to use it well depends entirely on Snapnames's ability to compete with Enom & Pool.
 

Whois-Search

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2002
Messages
3,119
Reaction score
1
Feedback: 0 / 0 / 0
Also the credit added to your account can be "fake money".

They will have already spent the money you gave them.

Everyone with Snaps already wants to make sure they get their money back via credit card i.e. nice green dollar bills

Then add the money back later.
 

guiwang

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2004
Messages
1,144
Reaction score
15
Feedback: 51 / 0 / 0
I lost a change to win a good name by 69$.
BAD!
 

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2003
Messages
1,621
Reaction score
7
Feedback: 26 / 1 / 0
Ok... then 87 x 48.99 = $4,262.13 Whoa!

hiOsilver said:
My snapcredits are exactly equal to what I paid for the snaps (87 at $48.99 each). So, at least Snapnames is being fair about this. My only loss is that I have lost "exclusive" Snap chance on some very good domains, and once in a while I actually caught one. After going for hundreds of 3-letter .com domains with Snapnames, and not having caught one for a couple of years, I actually caught a decent one back in November. The reason that I bought so many Snaps (was up to 200) is that it appeared that they would convert into WLS slots, which would have been fantastic. Oh, well.

Of course, having this big credit and being able to use it well depends entirely on Snapnames's ability to compete with Enom & Pool.
 

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
May 22, 2002
Messages
4,567
Reaction score
14
Feedback: 16 / 0 / 0
skylight said:
is the minimum bid $60?
Yes, the NEW min. bid is $60.
 

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
May 1, 2002
Messages
866
Reaction score
0
Feedback: 6 / 0 / 0
ClassicNames.com said:
Ok... then 87 x 48.99 = $4,262.13 Whoa!

Yes. And since the minimum bid is $60, I have been ripped off.

I have sent an email to Snapnames asking for cash back or an increase in credit to 87x$60. If anyone else is in a similar situation, I suggest that you email Snapnames as well.

I did pick up one relatively low value domain on today's drop.
 

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2003
Messages
4,853
Reaction score
1
Feedback: 18 / 1 / 0
Only $69. I thought I had two in the account, maybe it expired :(
 

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2003
Messages
1,621
Reaction score
7
Feedback: 26 / 1 / 0
Steen said:
Only $69. I thought I had two in the account, maybe it expired :(

Good. It seems most either sold the snapbacks or let them expire. Unless heard otherwise, this is not really that painful.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom