• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale Snapnames expiring domains and Backorders. Is backordering dangerous?

Status
Not open for further replies.

casualdomainer

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I am interested in a domain that has a hypothetical expiration date say (say May-1-2012). The domain is registered at Moniker and will be dropping through the Snapnames system. I am weighting whether to try to just backorder it through Snapnames or try to synchronize the 40-45 days after the expiration date and buy it from the expiring auctions (May-10 through May-15). I have bought domains through the Godaddy auctions and know that placing a backorder on a domain there is like placing a bullseye on a target. In godaddy auctions, the backorder is just the first bid inviting more to bid during the expiration period. My questions are the following:

1. By backordering a moniker domain through Snapnames, am I making my interest public, and inviting more bids?
2. What is the timing of domains that go from moniker to snapnames, can I trust the 40-45 days to work correctly?
3. Are there any strategies that you guys use here?

Thanks in advance
 
Thank you very much for the reply. I don't believe it is not listed on the drop list yet. The expiring date is similar to the hypothetical date I wrote (May 1st). So there is a chance that the owner will renew before it goes into the expiring system. I also doubt that the name will have very much demand, unless I artificially create it by backordering. Should I place the backorder the three shops (snapnames, namejet and pool) on the same day?

1. Is it listed in the Snapnames drop list? If it is then put the backorder on the last day.
2. http://www.domainerincome.com/images/expired-domains.jpg
3. Put a backorder on Snapnames, Namejet, and Pool.com. Namejet shows number of backorders so it's better to put the backorder on the last day.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom