• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Some advice - traffic smaffic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Traffic is nice and the more traffic the better.


Here is a formula: The stronger the name, the less important traffic is.
 
I think both are pretty important, although traffic is key to the success of any business regardless of the name or not. If you look at it from the perspective of a business in your city for example, it could be a great cafe in a crappy location but has no customers and doesn't make any money. Or it could be a crappy cafe in a great location and brings in tons of business. Sure, in the best of both worlds name and location - it's key.
 
I think traffic is only important to people who do not plan to *develop* but possibly plan to *park*

Unless, the buyer wants to develop, but dont want to spend money on the advertising of it, and is willing to pass up a fine .com because of that reason alone, which I can't understand why.


for an example, I bet there are a few people out there who would pass up romance.com if it had 0 traffic. But hopefully, no ones that crazy
 
SouthernTn said:
for an example, I bet there are a few people out there who would pass up romance.com if it had 0 traffic. But hopefully, no ones that crazy

Right...except that if the buyer was offering a certain price (call it, $xxx,xxx) and I had the money to buy it, I would be more willing to buy it if the traffic was massive.

However, if the guy is asking $1,000 for Romance.com (and one can confirm its not stolen, lol) then I'll hand over my money now without asking anything about traffic.

Traffic does change the value of all domain names...but it does so for some MUCH more than others.
 
In general, Typeins is correct. If you see a premium non-typo domain for sale and your first response is "how much traffic, how much revenue?" You're probably not a serious buyer for that domain.

BTW, Typeins, I hope you appreciate the irony between your forum name and your position on this subject!
 
GT Web said:
Right...except that if the buyer was offering a certain price (call it, $xxx,xxx) and I had the money to buy it, I would be more willing to buy it if the traffic was massive.


Good Point.. Price is a big factor when considering fine .com's and traffic.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom