• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Some DRT questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevent

DNF Regular
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
631
Reaction score
0
I just installed the Domain Research Tool and beginning to use it. Maybe the answers to these are in the help files, but I can't find them. I entered a list of about 150 names, setup a bunch of Proxy Servers and checked them, then ran the scan using the Proxy Servers for checking each of the items. Here are my questions:

1. I see Overture of "0" for all of the domains. Is this Overture w/ext? How can I make sure it is just Overture w/o ext? Is something not working right?

2. For Google TP I see "?" all the way down the list. What I want to know is the number of results for a given term (the domain w/o extension). Is this the column for that?

3. Is there a way to get bulk WHOIS information on these domains with this tool?

Thanks in advance!
 
1. Yes, I am not at my computer with DRT, but I believe in the options there is an option to check the overture with and without extension.

2. In your options, do you have this selected to check this value?

3. No and Yes. No there is not a feature to do so; however, if you add the domains you are looking for the whois information into My Portfolio, it can pull the information out of these domains. It just won't pull the information out of the Scanned List.

Once I get to my computer I can provide more accurate answers, but this is what comes to mind going from memory.
 
Thanks for the quick responses. I made some option changes and am rechecking now. Will see if that works.
 
Thanks JDK for the great explanation. I don't think I could have said it better myself.

Sevent, if you have any questions, I'm the creator of the tool so don't hesitate to shoot me a PM or e-mail [email protected] (first time you e-mail you'll have to confirm your address through my spam filter).

Thanks!
Luc L.
 
Most everything seems to be working now, thanks for your help. But I still can't seem to get the number of results in Google to show up correctly. It always says "0" no matter what the domain. Is the program looking for "domain" or "domain.com" results at google? Either way some of the names I am checking should show results, but none do.

Is this "Google TP" even the column I should be looking at?
 
What google info are you looking for?

PR (PageRank)
LP (Link Popularity)
or TermRank?

Thanks in advance for the added info.

Shane
 
RsL said:
What google info are you looking for?

PR (PageRank)
LP (Link Popularity)
or TermRank?

Thanks in advance for the added info.

Shane

Hi Shane,

I guess it would be TermRank that I am looking for (though I don't see that column, even though it is selected in "scan settings" ).

What I want to know is, given "domain.com", how many results are there at google for the keyword "domain". Tks!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom