• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Some people are rude about domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

tas38

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2004
Messages
981
Reaction score
0
Hello Everyone......

I got two domains on a ebay auction, AirgunWizard and AirgunWiz and posted in a airgun forum classfied add about it. I also posted on a photo site that I belong to, at the airgun forum some one posted domain for sale. And put a link to a domain that was not regged yet, that was close to my domains but not as good.

Then on the photo site forum I belong to a long time, some one posted I must be joking. I think it's very rude, and I'm sure both posters don't think domains are worth much. If some one really like airguns and wizards, I'm sure it's worth the 2k to 5k to some people. It's a fairly big market, so some one could make the money back fast and easy on it.


Is this the normal reaction from most people, when you are trying to sell domains ?

I'll tell you I'm not sure I'll get the price at all, I felt it was worth a try though. I spent $7 to find out, I thought I can always lower the price if it don't sell. One person emailed me already from hong kong, asking if I take pay pal for payments. I'm not sure what people think, infact I'm not even sure what to think. But I do know the two posters was rude about it, anyone care to comment on what they think ?
 
Someone emailed you to ask if you accept paypal?
Be very careful. This is a well-known scam.
Run far away if he the next thing he asks for is a paid-appraisal.
 
I will be very careful for sure, he email me from my ebay auction. Using ebays email system with his user name, my google treated it like it wasn't from where it said though. I checked where it come from in the google info, and it had come through ebay's system. Thanks! Tim
 
Don't worry about what someone posted in a forum , as to you email inquiry , probably a paypal scam but tell them yes you will take paypal but through sedo outside sales escrow only , sedo takes paypal.
 
I will do that, Thanks for the great advice! :) Tim
 
If some one really like airguns and wizards, I'm sure it's worth the 2k to 5k to some people.

am i missing something, or are airguns and wizards somehow related?
 
Don't worry about what other people think. If you think you are on the right track with something, and are going about it with best intentions, then just ignore them. They probably have no idea about the domain market anyway. The world is full of people who will knock any idea. As for domain pricing, it is more art than science - and in the end most domains are worth what a person is willing to pay.
 
This is the internet, you will encounter rudeness and stupidity like you would never believe.

Get used to it. :)
 
BLazeD said:
This is the internet, you will encounter rudeness and stupidity like you would never believe.

Get used to it. :)

So true, a lot of myopic domainers say rude things about .INFO and .BIZ, only to have to eat their words later. :moony:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom